Why do you buy a pass at your home mountain?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Why do you buy a pass at your home mountain?

Harvey
Administrator
I'm curious... if you buy a season's pass... what mountain do you buy it from and why?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Why do you buy a pass at your home mountain?

campgottagopee
Pass at Greek...it's in my backyard...been skiing there 35+ years and hoping for another 35+
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
For the first time in my life, I bought a season's pass at Jay Peak. Why? Early season deal was $399 for  a mid-week pass. Exchange rate was very favourable. It's easier for me to get there mid-week. No holiday blackouts. Half price if I ski on a weekend. Could not pass it up.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Ski Big Bear in Pa is 14 miles from house.  Great for my kids on school snow days, Seven days this last season. Ski holidays without the drive! Sunday afternoon skiing is great ,all the flatlanders are heading home. Lodge is fun too TVs with sports on and they have sofas to rest on with free Wifi. Bar Restaurant is affortable with a good menu.This pass also gets us free and discounted skiing at other mountains without shelling out big season pass dollars. I skied 21 days for 235dollars.  My son and daughter got over 30 for the same amount. Skied Platt and Camelback for free and Discounted pass at Hunter and Jay Peak And Elk mountain for showing season pass.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Gore is an hour away, Cheap pass, good terrain, and a solid group of friends/ski partners there, and Whiteface is always a good trip.

Although.. I may be getting a Gore/Whiteface AND Magic next winter. Magic student passes are only $125, and it seems like the southern storms are getting more and more popular. We'll see what my bank account looks like when the time rolls around.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Just got back into skiing and bought all access passes for my daughter and I for Gore/WF.  Gore is an hour away and I figure we'll head up to WF a few times and I'm already looking at taking Thursdays off to ski in less crowds once a week!  Gore seems like a pretty laid back place and I'm sure I'm going to love it!
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Bought a small cabin near Gore a few years ago so there is really no choice in the matter.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

RosieSki
Woods Valley.  Since I moved to this area its been no more than 10 minutes away from home (and as soon as I move at the end of this month it'll only be 1.5 miles away!) and it has night skiing.  I got in 45 trips there this past winter, by the start of week 3 of their season I had gotten my moneys worth out of the pass.  They also have good food and beer that is reasonably priced.  

I've also had a pass to Gore before as well as the WV pass.  I didn't get one this past season though because of injuries and not being sure how much skiing I was going to be able to do. I'm still debating whether to get the season pass for this winter or just get the frequent skier card again.  Decisions decisions...
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Greek Peak in Central NY. It is the nearest ski area from my residence in Binghamton, NY... 34 miles. The early rate for 2011-2012 seasons pass was only $325.

My other option would have been Elk Mountain in northern PA... 44 miles away and a $700. seasons pass.