WiFi performance at WF and Gore base lodges

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WiFi performance at WF and Gore base lodges

Jon951

By any chance, has the WiFi availability/function/performance been enhanced in either WF or Gore's base lodges? The last I knew (last season), those metrics were lack luster at best.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: WiFi performance at WF and Gore base lodges

Darkside Shaman
Gore is still the same. This is due to the fact that we do not have any broadband in this area of The Adirondacks, we only have DSL, which is provided through Frontier Communications.
Lame at best is what we have...
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Darkside Shaman wrote
Gore is still the same. This is due to the fact that we do not have any broadband in this area of The Adirondacks, we only have DSL, which is provided through Frontier Communications.
Lame at best is what we have...
That sux...really helps me if I can communicate from my work machine while at Gore. Thanks for the info.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I heard talk of a Verizon booster, but I have no idea if that is real possibility soon.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by Jon951
Jon951 wrote
That sux...really helps me if I can communicate from my work machine while at Gore.
Me too.  Has anyone tried paying for a wifi account at Gore? How well does that work?  Wanna share an account?

MM
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I heard talk of a Verizon booster, but I have no idea if that is real possibility soon.
Belleayre's Overlook lodge definitely had a Verizon booster installed this off season. I use to barely get a data signal (3g or LTE) in and around the mountain. Now its full bars perfect LTE service inside and slowly trails off the further you get away from Overlook.

Hopefully thats good sign of whats to come at Gore and Whiteface