classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wilmington Trail at WF

ausable skier
once its groomed it takes patrol half a day to set up the netting
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Wilmington trail was awesome yesterday. a lot of snow.  the precip today should effect it too much because they will wait to groom down the huge swails.

We came up with swail nailers this weekend. well, "we" didnt.  But I like it and will claim credit since the person who came up with it doesnt post on here yet.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
There were quite a few people that I spoke with that thought the W trail should not have been blown.  Its done and I am very happy that they did  it.   That trail is just huge.  You ski down to look out and your legs are already starting to feel it....and that is when the trail starts to get good.  They must have taken some of the rocks out skiers right past the drops cause i was digging deep and not hitting anything.   Now a couple days the lookout will be open.  Then in my mind the hill is ready for the dumps that are on the way.   The rain we got last night will be a memory by the weekend.  The weather that is heading our way later this week is going to be white... thats my story and Im sticking with it.

Who can argue with a Gondi over to the yellow dot up the w chair down W.  That was the run of the weekend.  You even road a pipe on the way.  

Willmington trail is also the best spring trail we have.  It corns while others are hard and when it is washed out the rest is ready.