classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windham Mountain Zip Line

Harvey
Administrator
Windham Mountain, Windham NY (June 29, 2011)

Windham Mountain will open a zip line course at the Adventure Park on July 2, 2011.

Initial features will include dual racing zip lines, which will zip guests approximately 500 feet at heights as much as 40 feet above the ground.  The dual zips land on a platform that connects to a single zip and rope bridge.

Introductory price to zip is $10 for one ride and $15 for two rides. Zippers must weigh between 80 and 270 pounds to use the zip line.

The zip lines will be open Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. from July 2 thru October 10 (Homecoming Weekend). The course will also be open Monday July 4, from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

For more information on this or other Windham Mountain activities, call 518-734-4300
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Windham Mountain Zip Line

Denis.N
Few years ago I went to zip line near Arenal volcano in Costa Rica.

Those were some huge rides, largest was around 2460 feet long hanging over 600 feet in the air, beautiful nature around.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Denis.N wrote
Few years ago I went to zip line near Arenal volcano in Costa Rica.

Those were some huge rides, largest was around 2460 feet long hanging over 600 feet in the air, beautiful nature around.
Sounds wicked cool Denis. You're a lucky man.

600 feet in the air,,,, you got more stones than I. Some ski lifts wig me out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
You can't really see down, once you're riding it.
As for ski lifts, I rode Hunter quad up and down, during fall festival few years ago, ride back down is quite different from regular uphill lift experience, somewhat scary.
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
In reply to this post by Harvey
Seems like a short zipline @ Windham.  My wife and I were on vacation in the White Mtns and decided to try the ZipRider @ Wildcat Mountain neither of us had done it before.  We both enjoyed the experience but agreed that it just seemed to end too soon.  ZipRider Locations  I see Bromley has one about the same length but with more vertical might have to give them a shot
    * Wildcat - $20 per trip    
    * Length: 2100 feet long
    * Vertical Drop: 265 feet
    * Average Percent Grade: 12%
    * Top Speed: 45 miles per hour
    * Cables: Four side by side
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter