Withdrawal...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Withdrawal...

Marcski
I have the shakes....This is the first weekend since before Christmas that I won't be in ski country!  There was one weekend in early February, when my back was out and the Doc forbid me from skiing, but I was still up at the mountain that weekend.    
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Withdrawal...

warp daddy
hang in there Marc , im sure the wife will find a rake for ya to play  with doing yardwork or a spade to in put her plants or a wheelbarrow to move topsoil around this weekend
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
No withdrawals here. I live where I ski. I still hang with the same peeps, we just do different things together now that the hill is closed. Oh, and uhm, our bar Trax is still open on the weekends  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Marcski
No withdrawals, still skiing this weekend and planning a couple more trips.

Also, kind of appreciating the NYSkiBlog forums again now that it's back to the core group of people here a lot (no more seasonal interlopers).
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
Thinking about going to killington next weekend, or ovrride has a jay peak weekend trip. I have never ridden VT in the spring, what should I expect?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
LOL. I feel weird on Saturday mornings (like tomorrow) when I know there is still snow on the hill and I'm doing summer stuff.  Last Sunday was a gift from god. Came together at the last moment, everything fell into place including ScottSki calling me when I was on 87 heading up to Plattekill. Great to share that vs skiing alone. It ain't over til it's over though, not done yet.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I've got one more ski trip planned...but need to wait a couple of more weeks.

And, yes, Warp, I have some gardening and some other stuff to do this weekend...and a party. But, I'm still dreaming of skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead

No withdrawls here, Winter flashback, about a foot-o-fresh n the trees at Jay, almost May?! Phenomenal. Thinking of a camping/skiing Memorial Day Weekend at Killington with a weekend or two prior. Then the withdrawals can begin, maybe, though they haven't had the snowiest Winter, I may be tempted to hit A-basin again. I have a season's pass, and enough rewards points on my credit card to pay for the rest. Probably wiser to save those for next year though.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
skunkape, i heard the ovrride trips are pretty sweet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
I feel you. I've skied once or more every week since February 14, and the past two weeks have been hard. I was hoping to ski some spots at Platty this weekend, but my job, And local bike trail work took priority. Still hoping to ski the Superstar glacier sometime this spring.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My knee needed the time off.  I'll get to withdrawal in a few weeks maybe

Time to mt bike, golf and get the boat ready
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Marcski
It's hitting me hard today. Kind of bummed.

That being said, I need one more day at Killington so the skis aren't put into storage quite yet.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"