Wondering About Wilmington

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wondering About Wilmington

Highpeaksdrifter
Has anyone heard any hard info and/or rumors about the following Wilmington business establishments?

Holiday Lodge – seems to be making steady rehab progress in changing over to retail space. I’m really glad Roy H. bought this place, it was becoming an eye sore. IMO a very gutsy business move…hope it works out.

Mel’s Diner -  it feels like this placed has been closed for remodeling for too long with little accomplished. However, when I drove by 2 weeks ago it looked like work was picking up steam.

Wilson Farms – all shut down. It really sucks not having a gas station in town for both locals and tourists. Sometimes people pull into WF on fumes desperate for info on the closest gas. Now it’s 9 miles to LP or 8 miles to Jay…not good.

Steinhoff’s – I know it was in foreclosure. Now I see it’s for sale for $439,000. I heard rumors all ski season about different interested people buying/reopening it. I kills me that it’s closed.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wondering About Wilmington

campgottagopee
Not sure about any of that but I do know someone better step up and open Steins dammmmmmmit

the beat down on SJ has got to happen this year
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Wilson pulled out of 10 ADK locations.  I'm hoping someone buys this just to sell gas and beer.  It totally sucks not having gas there.  Maybe Jim from North Pole will buy it.

The old owner of stein hof was holding the loan on the Irish guy that went bust.  Word is that the place was stripped bare including the flat screen tv's that the country lodging bureau bought for them.  Heard the guy went back to Ireland to avoid all the legal trouble he is in.  There is no way that place is worth what Dave wants for it - he must be underwater on his loan.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Coach Z wrote
Wilson pulled out of 10 ADK locations.  I'm hoping someone buys this just to sell gas and beer.  It totally sucks not having gas there.  Maybe Jim from North Pole will buy it.

The old owner of stein hof was holding the loan on the Irish guy that went bust.  Word is that the place was stripped bare including the flat screen tv's that the country lodging bureau bought for them.  Heard the guy went back to Ireland to avoid all the legal trouble he is in.  There is no way that place is worth what Dave wants for it - he must be underwater on his loan.
Good intel Coach. I was hoping Stewart's would buy Wilson's...I had heard they bought a couple that pulled out.

I had not heard about the TV's and Jay going back to Ireland. One of the rummors I had heard was that Dave was going to run Steinhoff's again. It would seem easier to sell a business that was up and running then one just sitting there without even the power turned on.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
That Dave recently painted over the word "Irish" on the sign is telling in a couple of ways

I think he will likely open at least the bar again which should be a money maker.  From what I heard most of the kitchens equipment is gone so that may be harder to get going again.

That building is not big enough for a Stewarts which are all pretty much the same size
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
6 rooms will open for lodging @ Mel's at some point this summer.

Roy is gonna put a gas station somewhere on the little super market property.

the wilson's place has contaimented tanks.

Steinn's will rise again!!!

But most important - Dont miss out on Bike festival weekend!!

see bikewilmingtonny.com for more info!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Is the town or state going to make Wilson's clean up the tanks or ground or do they just get to walk away leaving the mess to the town to deal with?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Thanks for the info SJ
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
They are currently removing the tanks from the site so it appears this is done for as a locaton for a gas station.  At least they are not leaving behind a toxic waste site.