Woo hoo! Got my first Ski magazine today!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Woo hoo! Got my first Ski magazine today!

Milo Maltbie
Two copies.  

It's not much, but it's all I got going today.  

Six weeks to Killington.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Woo hoo! Got my first Ski magazine today!

JasonWx
Powder came last week
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Not to be a negative Nellie but I gave up on skiing mags a long time ago. Just seemed like they turned into one big realtor  ad.

I got my hunting license months ago
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
This post was updated on .
I've given up on paying for ski mags, but now they come for free, 2 at a time. Still a nice reminder that all these warm sunny fall days will soon pass.

Hunting seems like a great way to survive November, but I don't.  It just wasn't part of the whole surfer crowd I grew up with, although we did a lot of fishing when we could get a boat.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I made a rare visit to a Barnes and Noble magazine rack last week, and, no ski magazines.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It looks like Ski is now only being published four times a year. This is likely old news, but new to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Rj1972 wrote
It looks like Ski is now only being published four times a year. This is likely old news, but new to me.
What SKI expects more people to do is read online.

I ended up with two subscriptions showing up in the mailbox from filling out the survey at Warren Miller film showings.  Took a few years before they stopped even though was supposed to be only 12 months.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
marznc wrote
I ended up with two subscriptions showing up in the mailbox from filling out the survey at Warren Miller film showings.  
same here, includes a free ticket to this years showing.

we finally cashed in on the sugarbush tix last season for the forst time after all these years!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It's a shame what is happening to the magazine industry. I for one enjoy holding a magazine in my hands versus reading it on-line.  I've had a number of periodicals cease operations or move to an on-line only format.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Rj1972 wrote
It's a shame what is happening to the magazine industry. I for one enjoy holding a magazine in my hands versus reading it on-line.  I've had a number of periodicals cease operations or move to an on-line only format.
The Ski Journal is a great magazine. Pretty pricey, but if you want a ski magazine with a "classic" feel, that's the pick.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Rj1972 wrote
The Ski Journal is a great magazine. Pretty pricey, but if you want a ski magazine with a "classic" feel, that's the pick.
OMG! That Ian Compton flick is awesome!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
I worked for Time Inc. For 22 years. It was the largest publisher in the world not too long ago. Today it technically doesn't exist anymore.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Rj1972 wrote
Thanks for the heads up on The Ski Journal. I just subscribed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Rj1972 wrote
I worked for Time Inc. For 22 years. It was the largest publisher in the world not too long ago. Today it technically doesn't exist anymore.
I’ve seen so many magazines go under that I previously subscribed to. Such a shame, but I guess that’s what we call progress.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Ya baby, it’s a Powder (plus) day!

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
Yeah but it’s probably better environmentally that we move away from print.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The issue is that people want great content, but don't want to pay for it. Everyone blocks the ads and uses incognito to avoid limits.

The end result is stuff like Unofficial and clickbait articles designed to maximize pageviews.

Print had the ads built in.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Maybe for you. But after 32 years in the industry, paper pays my retirement.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This post was updated on .
green light wrote
Maybe for you. But after 32 years in the industry, paper pays my retirement.

Wha??????
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
He has a pension.
funny like a clown