World Cup Thread

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

World Cup Thread

ScottyJack
VAL GARDENA, Italy (Dec. 14) - Travis Ganong led a back of the pack charge by the U.S. Ski Team in the Val Gardena super G, starting 58th and finishing 24th to lead five U.S. Ski Team athletes into the points. Ted Ligety was 25th to retain second in the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup overall standings behind race winner Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway. The men race downhill on Saturday before action shifts over the mountain to Alta Badia for Sunday's giant slalom.

HIGHLIGHTS

Tommy Biesemeyer (Keene, NY) was 27th and Andrew Weibrecht (Lake Placid,  NY) 30th. Travis Ganong (Squaw Valley, CA) started 58th and landed 24th in the Val Gardena World Cup super G.
Ganong led five U.S. Ski Team athletes into the points.
Ted Ligety (Park City, UT) was 25th, remaining second in the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup overall behind race winner Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway.
Ganong was followed in 59th start by Steven Nyman (Sundance, UT), who finished 29th.
Tommy Biesemeyer (Keene, NY) was 27th and Andrew Weibrecht (Lake Placid,  NY) 30th.
The Val Gardena downhill is set for Saturday with giant slalom in nearby Alta Badia on Sunday.
Universal Sports TV will broadcast the Val Gardena super G at 11:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST.

Results:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=70986
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: World Cup Thread

endoftheline
Check out the American women in Val D'Isere.  4 in the top 10 and Lindsay V was not one of them. Leanne Smith 2nd, Julia Mancuso 7th, Alice McKennis 8th and Stacy Cook 10th. I guess it's true, American women are fast, at least in DH. Lindsay Vonn had her first crash in almost 5 yrs in DH, went into the nets but apparently uninjured, able to ski down without any problems. Go USA!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
I need to avoid these posts until after it airs on TV

Scotty - Did you grow up racing? Were you in NYSEF?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Lindsy Vonn to take up to a month off to rest

http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/story/_/id/8754287/lindsey-vonn-ailing-return-us-recovery
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Check out the guy who lived across the hall from me in college, Warner Nickerson. He's been piddling around the B team for a while, finally got his first world cup points two years ago, but hurt his back in New Zealand (which had absolutely nothing to do with jumping junk cars with Ted Ligety and Jon Olsson).

Here he is:

And here's a little tidbit from his latest blog entry:

Today, I went up and saw the track, took a couple pictures with my dad, and then hit up the jacuzzi bib draw.  The hill is in perfect shape and we have a really fun crew here with Leif Haugen, Ted Ligety, Aksel Lund Svindal, Jon Olsson, Davide Simoncelli, Marcel Mathis, Max Blardone, Adam Zampa, Florian Eisath, Marcus Sandell, Tommy Ford, and a few others. It is going to be a fun race tomorrow.  It’s the full on Ricky Bobby approach of, “If you aint first, you’re last”  

The winner takes home 70,000 Euros and second place get a high five.The bib draw was pretty entertaining – it is something we certainly haven’t seen at any FIS races.  5 of us got to pick a girl of our choice out of a jacuzzi and each one was wearing a white shirt with a number on the side corner over their black bikinis.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'd like to party with that dude ^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Go Warner!  

@ Coach - Willard Mtn - Rob Broadfoot's True Blue Racing Crew.  We raced the VARA circuit.  Greatest gift a kid from Schaghticoke could ever get.
I ride with Crazy Horse!