Saw this, thought it might be of interest... Sorry if it's old news

http://mountaintimes.info/world-cup-will-return/
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: World Cup coming back to Killington

Hoser
Awesome.  Two year deal.  Not old news, it had been expected, not confirmed, but this is the FIS seal of approval now granted.  Thanks for posting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Brownski
Just saw this too; new quad getting installed soon. Where they're putting it is a great place to go hide from the crowds on a busy weekend. I used to ski back there a lot when the old lift was still around

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=553
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Nice, haven't skied that area in over 25 years.  Update to my earlier comment, USSA has proposed the next two Thanksgivings, but FIS has not yet approved - that is expected to occur by late May.  Still great news, but I have seen FIS baffle the mind with their decisions in the past.  Hopefully more of a formality.  Kudos to K!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Brownski wrote
Just saw this too; new quad getting installed soon. Where they're putting it is a great place to go hide from the crowds on a busy weekend. I used to ski back there a lot when the old lift was still around

Great. A real estate lift. There's some skiing up there, if they thin some trees, but, I'm guessing that the intent is to spend whatever seven figure number they feel is proper to open up a lot of new ski in and /or out acreage. Great. Deja vu all over again. Will they ever learn?

And now they're going to spend a very large sum of money, a sum that I suspect is in the seven figures, also, to host this race again. And, again, I ask, what do I get? What does the Killington skier, any Killington skier, get? A few kicks watching the pros on Thanksgiving, and then the afterglow? Not me, but, whatever floats your boat, I guess. Except I see it as a big friggin hole that Powdr is throwing money into, using marketing as an excuse, while the rest of the industry consolidates and forms alliances and multi tickets as their smart marketing move. I'll take the latter. The new pricing structures are the future of skiing, multi mountain ticket passes. Meanwhile, Killington reverts to racing BS and RE scams. I'm sorry, but, the whole Park City debacle exposed the stupidity running this company, and, obviously, they aren't wising up. Or, as my buddy loves to say, you can't fix stupid. They'll be swallowed up by a smart, profitable ski company soon. Darwin.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Confirmed for 2017

http://usskiteam.com/news/fis-confirms-us-world-cup-stops-2017-18
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Brownski wrote

Great. A real estate lift. There's some skiing up there, if they thin some trees, but, I'm guessing that the intent is to spend whatever seven figure number they feel is proper to open up a lot of new ski in and /or out acreage. Great. Deja vu all over again. Will they ever learn?

And now they're going to spend a very large sum of money, a sum that I suspect is in the seven figures, also, to host this race again. And, again, I ask, what do I get? What does the Killington skier, any Killington skier, get? A few kicks watching the pros on Thanksgiving, and then the afterglow? Not me, but, whatever floats your boat, I guess. Except I see it as a big friggin hole that Powdr is throwing money into, using marketing as an excuse, while the rest of the industry consolidates and forms alliances and multi tickets as their smart marketing move. I'll take the latter. The new pricing structures are the future of skiing, multi mountain ticket passes. Meanwhile, Killington reverts to racing BS and RE scams. I'm sorry, but, the whole Park City debacle exposed the stupidity running this company, and, obviously, they aren't wising up. Or, as my buddy loves to say, you can't fix stupid. They'll be swallowed up by a smart, profitable ski company soon. Darwin.
Benny you need to chillax.  You must gave run out and can't find your dealer.  

I skied several Powdr mts this year Killington and Mt Bachelor and they were really well run in my book.  In my book losing Park City was the best thing that happened to them.  The WC was a huge hit with people around K talking about it all season long.  When you can pull that off and I was a doubter it proves you blow snow better than anyone else.  They had a very profitable Xmas as a result of that marketing a month before.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Iskivermont shared this on FB this morning, thought it might be of interest, especially to the racing fans...

http://www.skiracing.com/stories/killington-world-cup-plans-for-improvements
Reply | Threaded
|

DanM
Nice to see world cup coming back. Not so nice to see K-mart is now considering this weekend a "holiday" weekend.... I suppose it is Thanksgiving but last year my wife, 11 year old daughter and I skied the day as well as spectated for about $130. I see this year will cost me almost $300......
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Wow thanks for pointing this out.  Planned to ski turkey day and Friday.  Not at $115 each.  No way.  Redoing reservations for weekend viewing only.  Disappointing.   WF or gore perhaps then head to WC races.  
Reply | Threaded
|

DanM
I got Killington E tickets today to ski and watch the WC/GS for Sat,11/25.  $144 for 2 adults and a 12 year old. I think you can only get the E-tix until 10/12 and then prices go up....
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
DanM wrote
I got Killington E tickets today to ski and watch the WC/GS for Sat,11/25.  $144 for 2 adults and a 12 year old. I think you can only get the E-tix until 10/12 and then prices go up....
Didn't the tickets sell out last year?  If so, does anyone remember when?
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Never mind, looks like the Grandstand tickets are already pretty much sold out.  Only option left as of Oct. 7 is $100 seats in Rows 21-25.  One of the options that puts money into the new Killington WC Fund to support "Women’s World Cup and to benefit regional youth winter sports programs throughout the Northeast."  As some point, additional tickets were released on a separate webpage but those are all sold out now.

PREMIER GRANDSTAND TICKET, SUPPORTING THE KWCC - $100/DAY
Guaranteed general admission to the top five rows (21-25) of a grand stand
Commemorative World Cup access pass
A portion of the proceeds ($65) from this ticket support the Killington World Cup Committee fund
Reply | Threaded
|

DanM
In reply to this post by marznc
Sorry, I meant I got lift tickets to ski that day and we'll just watch the race from the fence or wherever we wind up. Didn't pay for any special seating....
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Killington released a press release today saying the FIS gave a "positive snow control announcement" so the World Cup races are on for Nov. 25-26.

http://www.killington.com/company/media/pressrelease.html?pressrelease=pressrelease73
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Killington is the BEast. I'm a big fan for certain things, mostly early/late season skiing. No one else does what they do.