classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

World's 13 most dangerous ski runs

Snowballs
Banned User
Hunter mtn's Racer's Edge trail made this list of extreme ski trails.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2461/1/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: World's 13 most dangerous ski runs

skimore
This is hilarious

With a top elevation of only 3,200 ft. – covered mostly in ice – Hunter Mountain doesn’t offer the most challenging of skiing terrain. The double black diamond run Racer’s Edge is the most formidable on the mountain, with steep, straight lines wide enough to host a bevy of skiers—many of whom, unfortunately, don’t really know what they’re doing. “Never been so scared on a ski hill in my life,” says Hank McKee, Senior Editor of Ski Racing Magazine. “The slopes are jam packed on a weekend day and everybody seems completely out of control. Stopping behind a lift tower was the only safe way to avoid being run into.”
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I am thinking more people have died on k-27 than Racer's Edge at Huntah, but I might be wrong
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Snowballs
When I looked through that awesome slideshow at the first 12 most dangerous runs, I thought Snowballs must have made a mistake! No WAY could Racer's Edge be on this list. Somebody has a sense of humor.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
sudsnbumps wrote
I am thinking more people have died on k-27 than Racer's Edge at Huntah, but I might be wrong
I think you are right. Claire's has also claimed at least 1 skier that I can remember. Racers is a cake walk compared to the other 2.