You know it's XMAS/President's Week/MLK Weekend when...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
37 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: You know it's XMAS/President's Week/ MLK Weekend when...

tBatt
SIAWOL wrote
...when you get in line for the Sunway double and realize you're actually in the Gondi line.

When THIS happens.
http://unofficialnetworks.com/dozen-skiers-rescued-killington-pico-114527/
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
When ski patrol runs out of sleds.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
SIAWOL wrote
...when you get in line for the Sunway double and realize you're actually in the Gondi line.

When THIS happens.
http://unofficialnetworks.com/dozen-skiers-rescued-killington-pico-114527/

bwaaaaaaaa! One of the comments: "I think it's time to finally put shock collars on all the gapers out there".

My laugh of the day. Thank you.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
...when a guy with a Jofa Helmet and straight skis is leading his group to the "bottom" of the lift by traversing under the Darkside Chair uphill towards Lower Steilhang.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
... there are 50 tourists lined up at the top of the Rumor Headwall collectively pooping their pants.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
posibly trying to get a little more of that gore horizontal
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
…you see 15 people ride down the Gondola during 1 ride up because they couldn’t ski down.  (Maybe that’s why the gondola line is always so long because a lot of marginal skiers get on and realize that they can’t ski down.)
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
All I can say is I skied both weekends and never waited in a line and seemed to avoid crowds with just a small amount of common sense.  When you look at the access road and cars going down past G? lot, the lack of lines and on-trail madness defies physics. This place can absorb more people than Vail!  Love it.  The worst was actually the three days after X-Mas when it snowed.  By the time new year's eve came, it was emptying out again.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: You know it's XMAS/President's Week/MLK Weekend when...

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
...when some tourist nerd on rentals comes flying out of 3B (where it meets Quicksilver) way too fast, catches an edge, flips onto his back and slides into the woods headfirst, slamming into the snowmaking pipes. He was "ok".
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I have to admit, the whole Starter Jacket fashion statement seems to be in the past. I saw just one during this very busy weekend. Now we have to burn the jester hats. Please.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
lot's of iggles fans out yesterday down here in peeyay
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
When you get in line for the B-Lift and you are actually in the six pack line.  When you go into the lodge and see people with slings and ice packs everywhere you look.  When you see this.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
I wont tell you where I ski...but the longest line at the bottom was short.

the guns blasted some great long trails

my wife skied Skyward 5 times in a row with me under the guns on sunday and we never waited on the summit quad

grilled rib eyes for lunch on Sunday

woke up at 4 AM and drove back to NYC Monday

the kids stayed at the mountain
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Skied Wilmington Trail with my kids this weekend and both Sunday and Monday saw the aftermath of people skiing right off the trail into the drop and rocks below. One guy was coming out on a backboard on Monday. Hope they're both OK.

Ski Bowl & Kid's Campus were the busiest I have ever seen them, but I think that's probably a good thing for Gore and WF.

Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Skied Wilmington Trail with my kids this weekend and both Sunday and Monday saw the aftermath of people skiing right off the trail into the drop and rocks below. One guy was coming out on a backboard on Monday. Hope they're both OK.

Ski Bowl & Kid's Campus were the busiest I have ever seen them, but I think that's probably a good thing for Gore and WF.
Saw the same thing last week..some dude climbing backup after skiing off the left side of Wilmington trail. Bummer was when I looked over in disbelief (first time I saw someone doing this), and I ran over a loose rock the size of a grapefruit. Very minimal damage to my ski thank goodness, but it shook me for a second. Assuming the guy who skied off the trail was ok..he was moving under his own power.

You know it's XMAS/President's Week/MLK Weekend when....I stay home and wait for the holidays to pass.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Jon951 wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

Saw the same thing last week..some dude climbing backup after skiing off the left side of Wilmington trail. Bummer was when I looked over in disbelief (first time I saw someone doing this), and I ran over a loose rock the size of a grapefruit. Very minimal damage to my ski thank goodness, but it shook me for a second.

You know it's XMAS/President's Week/MLK Weekend when....I stay home and wait for the holidays to pass.
Probably a good call. It was crowded everywhere. Magic Mountain stopped selling tickets and turned people away on Saturday I think.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
when I arrive half hour before it opens and leave by 10am. 9-10 quick runs