Zipline and Paintball in North River

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zipline and Paintball in North River

Danzilla
Saw a note come across the Gore Mountain Chamber feed on Facebook yesterday about Whitewater Challengers grand opening of a Zipline and Paintball operation in North River this weekend.

Anyone know any more information?  First time I had heard anything about it.  Looks really cool.  We were going to head up this weekend but too much craziness going on in the Garden State.  Next weekend we will be up for Mother's Day.

D
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Zipline and Paintball in North River

I:)skiing
This post was updated on .
Article in today's News Enterprise.    

$20 tickets opening weekend.

Sounds fun and I will be there, if they allow 7yr olds.    

http://www.newsenterprise.org/news/2012/may/03/aerial-zip-course-opens-weekend/
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla - I reached out to Challengers when I saw your post the other day. They've got a facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/352952651428243

Whitewater Challengers is excited to announce the Grand Opening of their Aerial Zip Course and Paintball Activities. These additional outdoor activities will give kids and adults a chance to increase their confidence by challenging themselves through our Aerial Zip Course or take advantage of our Woods Paintball and Target Range.

The Aerial Zip Course is a series of eight bridge elements, two zap lines, and the big finish Zip Line! There is an easy route through the course ending with the Zip line and if you choose, a Victory loop of bridges that will add a more challenging experience. The paintball range will be an activity that a family could do in between activities and will be set up similar to a carnival shooting gallery. The woods paintball fields will have natural rock and trees for barriers as well as some strategically positioned blinds to create a FUN experience for some one who has never participated in Paintball before.

During our Grand Opening Weekend May 5-6, 2012 we are offering the Aerial Zip Course at the introductory rate of just $20! Located at 4511 State Route 28, North River, NY the new activities are located directly behind our current rafting base. Look for the purple buses for “The Most Fun You Will Have All Year!”

Whitewater Challengers has been rafting the Hudson River since 1984. Our rafting trip includes NYS licensed guides, indoor heated changing rooms, top of the line equipment, lunch, transportation, and BBQ dinner! For more information about Rafting or our Aerial Zip Course please feel free to call us at 518-251-3746! www.WhitewaterChallengers.com We look forward to seeing you Grand Opening Weekend!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Hey Harv - thanks for the update.  I actually found the FB page when the Gore Mtn Chamber "liked" it on FB.  There aren't a whole lot of details there though.  They really need to up date their website with info about the new activites in North River.  There isn't even a mention of it on the site.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Whitewater Challengers is based in PA and it seems like their focus is there.  I basically sent a note to the marketing department saying "help me get the word out about your new offerings in North River" and they sent me a link to Facebook.

Take some pics and let us know what you think?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
I am headed up with some buddies in early june so maybe we'll check it out.  Didn't make it up this past weekend.

Wonder if anyone made it over to WW Challengers to check out the new offerings?
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
My summer filled up with kids in sports...(not mountain sports).    Likely heading up in two weeks,   What's this place like?  

Photos?