from gore

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

from gore

outlaw 1
Several passholders have contacted us about helping in our glades. This Saturday, 13/14 passholders are invited to join us for National Trails Day and help clear the all-new Boreas Glades on Burnt Ridge Mountain! This photo shows the entrance to the new glade. You would take the gondola up, then hike over and work your way down.

this from gore,coool,it says passholders,but they shud let anuone willing to help do so.good idea i guess.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: from gore

Harvey
Administrator
Outlaw (or anyone)... the new glade.. any more details on where it starts and ends?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Boreas, runs skiers left of Sagamore and will dump out on Eagle's Nest. We've been skiing this area for many years, well before the lift was even there, and it is very nice terrain with some nice cliff bands that can be skied through and nice open hardwoods. outlaw loves this area
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Darkside Shaman wrote
We've been skiing this area for many years, well before the lift was even there
It's a shame that took place as it was only a 5 min effort on the old nordic trails to access anyway
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
I've seen tracks coming out onto eagles nest from there.  I heard from a birdie that the "entrance" was somewhere down along sagamore but I never really saw tracks going in.  Seems like a truly secret stash.  Thought maybe you could get in there from barkeater but it seems it would be pretty flat or possibly uphill at the top.  

This is another reason to hang out on burnt ridge - danny likes.  I hope that it doesn't have the choke points of the cirque where things get tracked out.  Any word about the trail from top of BR to north quad?  Or another actual trail on BR?  I love having the glades over there but it does seem the chair is under utilized.  It would be nice to have another trail or two for people like my wife that don't do the trees.  It's tough to lap that chair with her because she does sagamore 3-4 times and gets bored and echo isn't really a trail to be lapped because of cedars (unless its a powder day).
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
took part in the boreas glade activity today. the sign is up. another clean up will hopefully be scheduled for late july. the entrance is on skiers left on sagamore, about 200 yards from barkeater. it parallels barkeater. it's another almost mile long glade. got a great tour from mark who showed us several landmarks. still patches of snow on fairview and lower rumor. we boot skied the patch on fairview. hard to believe that about 5 weeks ago we skied almost full coverage. we owe the bugs one as they left us alone for the most part. my scalp is intact along with my ears.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by outlaw 1
outlaw 1 wrote
Several passholders have contacted us about helping in our glades. This Saturday, 13/14 passholders are invited to join us for National Trails Day and help clear the all-new Boreas Glades on Burnt Ridge Mountain! This photo shows the entrance to the new glade. You would take the gondola up, then hike over and work your way down.

this from gore,coool,it says passholders,but they shud let anuone willing to help do so.good idea i guess.
I wish Whiteface would do that to clear glades. There is no doubt they would get a ton of volunteers.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen