8 messages Options
frk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

glade cleanup at plattekill

frk
This post was updated on .
i participated in my first glade cleanup day at plattekill on saturday. there was a great turnout of about 18 people armed with loppers, handsaws, bow saws, axes, and even one chain saw. we were greeted with an inch of fresh snow in the woods which did not melt. boy, did we have fun. huge areas of terrain were cleared of debris. it's amazing how much work can be done by a group this size. if only gore implemented this glade day. we were treated to a hot lunch and a cold beer at the end of the day. we also received a ski voucher. what a great vibe at plattekill. it's like magic, mrg, and the old jay. hopefully, they will get some snow so i can ski the newly maintained trails. btw, the glades at plattekill are wide open autobauns compared to the sinewy cuts at gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: glade cleanup at plattekill

Harvey
Administrator
frk...thanks for coming. Was this your first time at Plattekill?

I spoke to Glade Day's fearless leader ML last night and he was really excited about the momentum the event gained in Year 4.  And I know Plattekill Mgmt appreciates the effort.

The goal is to make Plattekill true boundary to boundary skiing, which I think, within 5 years, is possible.  There is some sick potential off places like Powder Puff.

If anyone has pictures post em.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Plattekill
In reply to this post by frk
What a great day of team work and camaraderie and everyone sharing their passion. We are thrilled with what a team of passionate skiers can accomplish in a short amount of time. Several top to bottom lines were created. I can't wait for the snow to fly. Thanks to everyone!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Reply | Threaded
|

Borgy
In reply to this post by Harvey
This was such a great day. I have some pics and will post asap.
Reply | Threaded
|

olddogbmxer
I would love to see the area cleaned out in the triangle wooded section between Shredded Mozzarela and Lower Face trails.
Used to be a downhill bike trail that ran through there that was revived this year for a race and will be fun to hit.