classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
JMP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ididaride this weekend

JMP
For those interested, This weekend in North Creek the 3rd annual ididaride will be run. This is run by the ADK and has been very successful. There are 2 rides the long ride will go from NC to Weavertown over to Speculator, Indian Lake and back. This is about an 80 Mi ride. The 2nd short ride is from Indian Lake to North Creek, 20 Mi. Fun should be had by all and the town will be full of spectators. All in all just another good thing.
T'was the night before Christmas, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

"The Dog Pooped"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ididaride this weekend

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
These are two great routes.

Adirondack Ididaride

The big ride is epic.

And the shorter ride is a blast. (Ever take a bike from Indian Lake to North River? It's a hoot!)

This should be a great event. More later.

www.adk.org/events/ididaride

ididaride slideshow
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Thanks JMP. NC will be buzzin this weekend. I heard there's also an apres ride party. Any season passholders wishing to utilize their free bike day pass @ Gore can rent full suspension bikes at the Gear Source in downtown North Creek, Gore is refering people to The Gear Source for bike rentals. I recently talked with the owner, JMP, aka Jeff Palka. He's way cool and was one of the rescue'rs on last season's Chatiemac rescue. Great job Jeff, Tara and all the others involved.

http://thegearsourceonline.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Bump
Reply | Threaded
|

Curt Austin
In reply to this post by JMP
The scene in North Creek Ride Report

The weather was nice and cool, dry. Registration was done smoothly. Great pre-ride food and drink. Great rest breaks along the way with great volunteers. Kudos to [my neighbor] Deb Zack and the ADK. 325 riders were registered! Huge.

The hills seemed shorter than in the past (I was less subject to gravitational forces this year). The 76 miles and 7000 feet of climbing is not for the casual cyclist, it must be said. Few riders will want to handicap themselves with MTB or hybrid bikes. I probably was in the middle of the pack, averaging 15.8 mph. Once we get the Upper Hudson Rail Trail built, I bet the current 20-miler on busy Route 28 will be replaced by a ride from Tahawus (shameless plug for my own project).

After the last few maddening uphills out of Indian Lake, there's quite a plummet down into North River, and then a short stretch home. Excellent food, a great bottle of brew, entertainment and a feeling of accomplishment were all found at the Ski Bowl. Really, this is a great ride and is sure to attract even more folks next year.

The hill out of Speculator, overlooking Lake Pleasant.