10 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new boots for Christmas

Z
This post was updated on .
Had to run around yesterday getting the same exact boots and foot beds done - don't attempt this at right before the holidays - it was not fun
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fire at Whiteface's Mt Ops building

skisheep
Yikes thats horrible, hope that everyone is OK.

-skisheep
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
In reply to this post by Z
If this is any help, oven cleaner works really well to get rid of smoke stains on stuff. Back in '88 my house burned in Waitsfield. The oven cleaner saved a lot of my belongings. Good Luck. Sorry to hear about lost ski boots.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by skisheep
How did it.start? Let me guess.  There were 20 things plugged into one outlet.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new boots for Christmas

Z
In reply to this post by Z
Oddly the same exact boot model and size with different new foot beds feel totally different.  Right boot is ok the left not so much.  The ID liner may need a remold which you can do up to 10 times I'm told.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I always insist on trying on the actual boot I'm going to buy after I ordered the same boot in the same size I was skiing at the time, and, they felt, oh, 20% bigger. Irritating.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
They are ID intuition liners so trying them on premold is useless and since it molds to your foot it should not matter.  I don't think the tounge was pushed down enough when we did the molding.  It should get fixed with another molding and they are ok to teach this week I think (hope?)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
After weeks of furstration and bad skiing I've decided to write off the foot beds I had hastily made the day before Christmas.  I didn't have good feel of my left ski and it was causing me to correct in ways that are not good - too much body rotation.

I went to Richard at Inside Edge in Queensbury today and am having a new set of foot beds made and the set up properly.  I did not have enough heel lift and my left heel would not stay in the pocket.  

Currnetly am waiting for him to finish grinding the foot beds.  The pair I lost he made and they were perfect so this will going to work out.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My boots now feel exactly like my old boots which were perfect.  Richard is an excellent boot fitter.  If you need boot work or foot beds you owe it to yourself to make an appointment with him at Inside Edge Ski Shop.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Boots and new footbeds skied great today.  I can finally again control my left ski.