classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"Storm" Speculation: 2/21/15

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Hudson Bay Vortex (whatever the heck that is), phasing with a low out of the Rockies, could drive some weather across the Northeast region through the weekend.  Anyone seeing anything?

One discussion has .25 to .50 QPF, and with low temps putting the ratio at 20:1 or better, maybe we could see a general 4 to 12 (lower amounts North, higher amounts South) inch event through the weekend????
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "Storm" Speculation 2/21?

PeeTex
I noticed some new in the latest weekend forcast and no melt in site. I am running out of room to put this stuff. Roves are getting mighty loaded.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "Storm" Speculation 2/21/15?

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
looks like a over running event might develop...many more days to go
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Looks like this one is bringing most of the snow north and inland.  It currently says mixing for MC, hopefully it doesn't turn to 100% gullywasher.  If March is decently cold with no huge gullywashers, MC could stay open to April again.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
It will not be a gully washer..mixed bag yes...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
It's going to be mostly r**n up at MC..sorry Sno. Head up to the Cats - i think the elevation will give them enough advantage to keep it all snow.
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
jimvdak wrote
It's going to be mostly r**n up at MC..sorry Sno. Head up to the Cats - i think the elevation will give them enough advantage to keep it all snow.

I disagree..At this time MC is looking at 3-6 with maybe a surprise if the warm air hold off...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Unfortunately any mixing that occurs will keep the snow from being PowAss approved.

What do you think we are looking at up north.  Hoping for some powder turns Sun am at WF!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
should remain all snow upstate..moderate event, nothing major
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah.....I don't need a lot, be nice if they could squeeze out something on the higher and of the 3-6 range I've seen a couple places.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
JTG4eva! wrote
Unfortunately any mixing that occurs will keep the snow from being PowAss approved.

What do you think we are looking at up north.  Hoping for some powder turns Sun am at WF!
Is ANYTHING pow approved?! That means powder on wide open trails with a groomed base, no crowds, low ticket prices, and orange netting.  Surely one of those things will be missing.  Oops, is this a violation of the pledge?  Peetex, answer me.

Looks like 3-6 inches for Mountain Creek.  Some snow mixed with sleet, freezing r*in, and r*in.  Should be all snow as far north as Hunter.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
snoloco wrote
JTG4eva! wrote

Is ANYTHING pow approved?! That means powder on wide open trails with a groomed base, no crowds, low ticket prices, and orange netting.  Surely one of those things will be missing.  Oops, is this a violation of the pledge?  Peetex, answer me.

Looks like 3-6 inches for Mountain Creek.  Some snow mixed with sleet, freezing r*in, and r*in.  Should be all snow as far north as Hunter.
Just try to avoid direct conversation and any thread he originates. I think we can all make fun of the stupidity spouted when trying to wrap some humor around our posts. I try to avoid any of the accepted nicknames and prefer to just use "dip shit" as the new nick name, heck there are many people that could refer to...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
PeeTex wrote
snoloco wrote
JTG4eva! wrote

Just try to avoid direct conversation and any thread he originates. I think we can all make fun of the stupidity spouted when trying to wrap some humor around our posts. I try to avoid any of the accepted nicknames and prefer to just use "dip shit" as the new nick name, heck there are many people that could refer to...
Pow isn't allowed to start threads.  He's in the spam group.  Spam group originally meant no starting threads, no links, and only 2 posts per day.  Don't know if that's changed or not.
Reply | Threaded
|

sirskier
I can't tell what to do.  Looks like the poconos will get the most?  My pass works at Belleayre but is it worth the drive for less snow?  Any thoughts.  Also think the roads could be bad due to ice issue in the am.
On piste is better then no piste
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
I don't know but kingston is declaring a snow emergency and expecting 4-8, I'm trying to decide where to go tomorrow also! Buddies are going to Hunter, I have passes for belleayre and 2 11 year old boys (who can ride anything) with me. I am going to leave extra early so we can go slow.

Where is that fancy snow map again?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Not sure which fancy snow map you are referring to... but there are some snow maps here:

http://nyskiblog.com/weather/

I'm thinking this would be Pow approved...

...or maybe that is gun pow. But it is south facing. Assuming that is really Bromley.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
just replaced the headlamp in the snow, getting ready for my 5am pushoff!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looking like a good day for Hickory.

Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
Can anyone in the Catskills (or near there) give a report of how many inches you currently have?
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Roxbury NY: 6 inches at 2200 and snowing pretty good.