7 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

severe weather in the Daks

Z
This post was updated on .
I'm in India for work and I got a message that my house got hit by lighting.  No injuries or fire but some electrical damage.  I checked the weather and it shows up to 6" of rain the past 24 hours.  What is going on there?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: severe weather in the Daks

Harvey
Administrator
Ugh Coach that's awful.  A very slow moving cold front passed through northern NY late in the day and there was oddly not a line of T'storms, but one huge cell that larger than Essex county. I did look pretty bad.  Hopefully someone will post.

Glad everyone is ok.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
This post was updated on .
NWS had an advisory for 60mph winds, quarter-and-larger sized hail, and scattered thunderstorms for the Hudson Gorge. Nothing came through until about 6pm when a line of heavy storms came across from the Canton area to Blue Mtn Lake to Indian Lake to North Creek to Lake George. My buddy said he had been watching it linger up on the North end of the lake for hours and it wasn't until 8:30pm or so that it actually came through LG. Definitely 50+ mph winds, rained like hell, and lightning strikes literally every 3-5 seconds for at least a half hour.

Since nobody got hurt, I can say that I'm ecstatic for the rain since the river was bone dry, right? 5ft, here we go!

Edit to Ad: 12 hours later and it's up another 1/2 foot and steadily rising.

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Potsdam was hit very hard ,lots of downed lines and trees  , many without power. Several businesses had roofs blown off or facades ripped off and there were reports of crushed cars from tree falls . State of emergency called by both village and town and folks were ordered to stay off the streets. Here on  the St Lawrence it was primarily a rain event with little wind
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADKarver
Spending a few days in a cottage with my family at Whiteface Club and tried to play nine holes for the first time this year. The wind blew hard from the start but then on six the sky became black quickly. We aborted the round and by the time we got back to the pro shop the storm hit. Extreme winds and rain, not a lot of lightening, but the wind/rain was the worst I have seen in a long time. The first storm was short but violent.  Power knocked out to this afternoon, still no cable/Internet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
My son was canoeing on Cranberry Lake and said the weather was crazy, rain, hail, wind that blew canoes around, lightning bringing trees down etc.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by Z
The weather in the Gore area was no big deal. We got some rain, but no local damage reported or observed.
I Think, Therefore I Ski