classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ski bowl glades at gore

outlaw 1
This post was updated on .
opened today,these were made over the summer,by charley,aj and todd,,if you like them u can thank these guys,if u dont like them,well,thats just too bad,i didnt get too ski them but from what ive herd they were killer.these guys were allso the ones that made chatterbox,if u know these guys give em a patt on the back,theve done some good things for gore,specialy charley,he has a passion for the trees,like not too many others,hes allways in there making sure its cleaned up ,picking up blow down,or getting rid of fallin trees,making it safe for us all.if it wasnt for him,those trees we all love mite not b so good.,,and it never hurts that when u r in there and see something down,take some time and clean it up,the legs u save mite b your own,

charley and aj,putting up the sign,todd not in picture,hes of in colorado,,lucky guy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ski bowl glades at gore

outlaw 1
above pic was hi-jacked from shaman,thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by outlaw 1
charley has done an incredible amount of work on & for the mountain transforming it from "bore" mt to a woods skiers playground. His knowledge of the mt & vision of what it can & could be has put us all in some incredible places- some maybe that weren't necessarily skiable but enertainable .his recon missons have always challenged our abilities(elevator).we all have benifited & improved our abilities from his & the crews work. Along with that pat on the back  maybe a fresca @ the saddle or 12 pack in the back of his grey silverado
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks for posting this outlaw. It's great to see Charlie and AJ hoist the sign for Pandora's Box.

I'll never forget running into Chuck in the Saddle Lodge in January.  He said "Harv I need you to sit down, I've got to show you something."  

He pulls out his phone and ran me through images of all the work down at the bowl. As I headed back out on the hill with Zelda and Neve, he touched my shoulder and with a twinkle in his eye he said "It won't be long now."

No doubt those trees add a lot to Gore. They are steep, well cut, north facing and accessible.

Last Saturday we got some fresh tracks off the Straightbrook Chair that would not have been accessible without some mid-season work by Chuck and Company :

The work those guys have done over the years has taken the mountain to a different level.  In my opinion, Gore has the best tree skiing in NY. No question that the "market value" of Gore has been increased significantly by the work done by the crew.

When you talk to Chuck about it the work they've done, and the results, he's like a proud father.  What the hell he IS the proud father.  We're proud of you too Chuck, and AJ and Todd.  Thanks for all you do.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
What skis do these two guys ski in the trees?

Oh, and, kudos to them. I owe them a beer each. Or two, or..........
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
chucks on racetigers, todd has metrons and a pair of ski logics, and im not sure what aj is on
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
aj is on tigers allso,todd has a nice quiver,cahrley has never been on anything fat,we try and try too get him too change,he just laffs and says why,and if youve ever seen him ski,u gotta agree with him,i guess
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
I think he could turn on 1 × 4 s
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
waitaminute. Racetigers? My bullshit meter is pinning. Are you serious?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
100%. Slalom racetigers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
wow. I'm impressed.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
I skied the Ski Bowl Glades on Saturday - they were beautiful.  It was my favorite run of the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
I had the honor of skiing the Ski Bowl Glades with Charley and AJ Friday morning within minutes of the sign being put in place. I applauded their efforts.

Charley does rip the trees on those race skis!!

The locals don't really ski fat skis. Not too many on skis with more than 90mm under foot.

This is not a flashy group with the phattest skis... these men are quite humble and modest, and they rip!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
How strange. The last time I was at Gore, the place was rock hard everywhere, with minimal junky trees open, and I spied Many a fat, rockered ski in the lift lines. Have they become a new fashion item? And, here are the true tree rats, wearing Bodie's skis. Weird.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
The new glades skied like a dream on Saturday. Nice work, gentlemen! (I use that term loosely.)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
How strange. The last time I was at Gore, the place was rock hard everywhere, with minimal junky trees open, and I spied Many a fat, rockered ski in the lift lines. Have they become a new fashion item? And, here are the true tree rats, wearing Bodie's skis. Weird.
You must've been looking at the 2nd gen tree skiers.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
function before fashion