ski with music?

29 messages Options
freeheeln freeheeln
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

ski with music?

i do love to ski with tunes cranking . if its real busy i will go without .for a while there was a large group of us in the group that all skied listened to EQX very fun everybody with the same tune.
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Re: ski with music?

I sing songs to myself occasionally. Couldn't ski with tunes on from an exterior source, it would disrupt my concentration.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by freeheeln
I used to ski with music, and it is a ton of fun. Skiing with everyone on the same tunes sounds like a blast.

Now I've always got a camera, and often a phone - it's just feels like too much to deal with.

It's all I can do to take pictures and keep up.

Like SBR I tend to sing to myself.

"Danger Zone" from the movie Top Gun when facing icy headwalls, moguls, etc...

And "The Road to Shambala" when conditions are really good...

I know they aren't the greatest tunes, but they pop in to my head.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Raymo40 Raymo40
Reply |

I ski with music. It's fun to have a good song on but not so loud that you can't hear somebody coming. A little AC/DC in the mogals can't be beat.
jimvdak jimvdak
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
I ski by myself way too often to not listen to music..have a selection of songs that get me going. I've noticed I push myself more and go a little faster out of my comfort zone if I'm listening to music. Otherwise I'm too careful.

Unless its a day of very difficult conditions, then I usually leave my MP3 player in the bag so I don't kill myself..
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
HoliScott HoliScott
Reply |

BT equipped Smith Variant helmet and I'm good to go.  Volume up on the way down and down on the way up!
YUKON CORNELIUS YUKON CORNELIUS
Reply |

In reply to this post by freeheeln
Always.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

I'm an outlier.  Never.  Actually that's not quite true as I think I skied with a Walkman a couple times back in the 80s.   I don't own an Ipod thing.  To me, the sound of the snowguns is music enough.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Never.  I like to hear everything going on around me.  And I don't need any kind of music to motivate me to ski better.  I ski well enough.  ;-)
zach zach
Reply |

I'm with ADK Jeff and Mattchuck. Never. When I am really focused on making turns music is a distraction.