Best pizza in the 5 boroughs

60 messages Options
1234 ... 6
Brownski Brownski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Best pizza in the 5 boroughs

I don't think there's any debate really. This is just informational; Broadway Joes is on Broadway at 242nd St.

This is how you know it's gonna be good.

raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Re: Best pizza in the 5 boroughs

Oh my god. I really miss the pizza back there. Seriously, this is like pr0n. I think I've been to this place but it's been so long I can't say for sure. There is/was a pizza joint in the Village that I used to really like too. the last time I was in NYC I just happened to stumble across it after not being there for probably 15 years.

We have a couple of places in Phoenix that do a good NY pie but I'm not down there much.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

There are a couple of NYC joints that have a coal fired oven and use fresh motz etc..I love a thinish crust that is burnt

If you are on your way back from platte stop at Brio's ...They might make the best pizza ...period
"Peace and Love"
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

I have been there, Jason. Definitely the best pizza on 28 but they don't compare to Broadway Joes. My kids love the place though, made me drive up there when we were camping in the Sundown Wild Forest last summer. Junior likes pepperoni, which they don't keep as a slicer there. So when he orders it they load up a cheese slice with like 12-15 pepperonies- way more then you would normally get. He loves it.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
I'm gonna head over there...Pizza and Sushi my fav foods..

If you live in Rockland, DiMarias in Valley Cottage is fantastic..
"Peace and Love"
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

I'm gonna check out Di Marias. We're up that way for baseball all the time
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
There are a couple of NYC joints that have a coal fired oven and use fresh motz etc..I love a thinish crust that is burnt

If you are on your way back from platte stop at Brio's ...They might make the best pizza ...period
If I'm in the NYC - Tri-state region I'm not looking for Californian pizzas! I want those huge slices of thin, greasy classic NY pizza!

Turiello's in Nyack is up there with my all-time favorites but this might be more nostalgia than anything.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

AZ I work in Nyack..
Turiello's ain't what it use to be..
"Peace and Love"
DomB DomB
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
I think any of the coal-fired places in the city are really, really good (well except maybe that touristy one under the Brooklyn Bridge).  It has been years, but John's in Greenwich Village (pretty normal prices) was amazing.  

There is a famous place in deeper Brooklyn that I never made it too that puts the sauce on top that die-hards say is the best pizza.  

Brownski, your posts are very classy and good, but those pictures scare me if you mean best-tasting pizza.   : )
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Best-tasting yes; I like the greasy stuff. When I was in college I would have added a decent amount of garlic but we were back there for a basketball game and my whole family had to share a car with me for the ride home so I spared them.
1234 ... 6