Quantcast

Camping 2017

classic Classic
15 messages Options
Reply |  

Camping 2017

Johnnyonthespot
Where ya headed? What equipment do you use? Going to Fish Creek Pond for Memorial Day. Can't wait to relax. I'm actually going to treat the tents with Camp Dry this time. Hopefully we get some nice weather.

Reply |  

Re: Camping 2017

Harvey
Admin
Call me boring but I always head to my favorite spot, the wood tent Zelda and I built 15 years ago.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Johnnyonthespot
What model is that? Ha! I'll bet it sets up real quick huh?

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Actually it has taken years.  Did most of it with tax refunds, each year doing a little more. Land, then driveway, then the building, then electricity, etc.  The original idea was to create a leanto and it kind of grew from there.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Sick Bird Rider
A week today, I'm leaving on a two-week canoe camping excursion. Four other guys and I are paddling a very remote, infrequently traveled river in way northern Hinterlandia. As far as we can figure out, we might be the first recreational canoeists on this river since 1988.

TR to follow, see you in a few weeks.

Edit: I should add that plans may change completely. One of our crew has developed a mysterious health issue that may prevent him from going. If that happens, we will still go canoeing but likely somewhere a little more benign. His local knowledge and navigational skill are key to this rather exploratory project.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |  

campgottagopee
Damn SBR --- hope your buddy is OK and you guys get to go on your adventure

I'll look forward to the TR

Reply |  

Sick Bird Rider
campgottagopee wrote
Damn SBR --- hope your buddy is OK and you guys get to go on your adventure

I'll look forward to the TR

Thanks Camp, me too. Wherever we end up going, it will be an adventure.

Edit: buddy has been cleared to go. Minor sinus ailment, he's got the Rx nose spray. Woot! We're on the original route.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |  

Peter Minde
@ Sick Bird Rider. Hoping your friend recovers completely.  Enjoy the trip, look forward to your TR.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider

Reply |  

Johnnyonthespot
Good to hear SBR. Have fun.