classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
387 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314 ... 20
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Craft Beer Thread

JTG4eva!
Not Your Father's Root Beer trying to position itself as a Craft Beer.  Yay or Nay?  Discuss....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

K man

Common Roots (South Glens Falls, NY) Daylight Double IPA in 32 oz. "crowler" cans.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by Petronio

Poughkeepsie Pale Ale by Mill House Brewery.  Nice head poured from the can.  Clean aroma -- more accurately, an absence of aroma.  Missing any sort of hops aroma.  Clean mouthfeel, nice carbonation, but no flavor to speak of.  No hops on the finish.  As an ale, I would pass on this again.  I like my ales bitter.  Wife picked up a couple of other brews (stout, etc), maybe those will be better.

Petronio
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Not Your Father's Root Beer trying to position itself as a Craft Beer.  Yay or Nay?  Discuss....
It's kind of tasty but it gave me a hangover as its so sweet.  My wife really likes it.

I like the Crabbies Ginger Beer better

Neither are craft beers.  Beer or Ales must be made from barley in my book.

Best beer I've had lately is Troegs Blizzard of Hops Winter IPA
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by Petronio

"Hop Nosh" IPA by Uinta Brewing Company of Salt Lake City.  Picked up a six-pack at the former Nice 'n' Easy across from Basil & Wick's in North creek.  

No carbonation "crackle" sound when I popped the cap, but an okay head and pleasant carbonation in the mouthfeel.  Fruity aroma, kind of  hint of apple juice.  More grapefruit on the taste.  Sharpness,  then a pleasant, hoppy finish.  Decent beer, but I was hoping for more.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I was meeting with a Client from the UK in Boston today, he told me a great Beer joke that I thought I would share:

How is American Beer like making love in a canoe?

There both fucking near water

I love the brits!
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Anybody going to Tap NY today? Leaving soon.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If you haven't been to Ausable Brewing in Keeseville you are missing out.  This is my happy place!

Compared to my other Fav brewery Lake Placid this is a truely local vibe with almost no tourists.  It's so anti commercial and it's the polar opposite of LPBP and the beer is just as good or better.  Great night to enjoy some Dubs BBQ ribs and great beer outside on the farm.  
Ploughmans Lunch provided some good bluegrass and the kids were running around having a good time.

Cash only so don't bring plastic.  Food trucks on Thursday thru Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Center of the Universe Brewery Chin Music Amber
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Sour it's the new Hoppy.  This one from Jacks Abbey was top notch.

I've been into Belguim Sours for over 10 years which are really an acquired taste.  Seems to all of a sudden to be a hot thing for craft brewers and I'm really excited about it.  Sour beer is very refreshing and perfect for summer.  They pair super well with fish as the sour component takes the place of adding lemon to your fish.  My concern is probably only 20% of craft beer drinkers and 0 bud drinkers are going to like it.  I've seen guys that love craft beer spit it out.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Keeping with the Belgian theme.....

Trappist Ale from the monastic community at Chemay.  I had the Chimay Blue (9%) and Chemay Red (7%) at the only location in the Magic Kingdom park that serves alcohol.  Very good!  Those Chimay monks know what they are doing, they've been brewing ale since 1862.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Does New Belgium Fat Tire count?  Bought some at Top in NC. It wasn't chilled and I had the first one warm. I liked it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Borgy
I say yes, it counts! Going back to Coach Z's post about sours, which I also love, New Belgium's Le Terroir is really good. Part of their Lips of Faith series. Hard to find in the east, especially in bottles. I was fortunate to enjoy it on tap at Shepherd & Knucklehead in Haledon, NJ.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
Fat Tire is not even remotely a Belguim Style Beer.  It's an American Amber

Chimay is a great Trappist style beer but not a Sour.  Sours don't have to be Belguim style.  There are some German sour styles Berliner Weiss and Gose.  I really like Gose with its slightly salty flavor it's supposed to taste of the Sea.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by K man
K man wrote

Common Roots (South Glens Falls, NY) Daylight Double IPA in 32 oz. "crowler" cans.
I like the Common Roots Last Light IPA a little better. Coffee Cup Stout is great too, but not on tap for the Summer.

I also had a really good Imperial Citra Pils at Mean Max in Glens Falls this weekend too. Stout No Doubt was sort of just OK. Not bad, not great. I liked that place more than I thought I would.

Best beers in the area, IMO.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Had a real good IPA from CT last night at Liquids and Solids

It was very hoppy and started like it was Heady Topper but finished on the fruity side.  Top notch!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good god --- pinkies out bitches

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
thinking this is more Campy's style

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Here is one thing I completely appreciate about craft breweries. They really support local groups, activities etc.

From our local brewery CBC:

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE BREWNOUNCEMENT!!!

This SATURDAY (August 13th) we are OPENING EARLY at 10:30AM. We will be releasing a limited edition Brockway Brown can, only available for purchase at the Cortland Beer Company. We canned roughly over 700 16oz Brockway Brown cans and each one is dated with the year 2016 as well as hand labeled. Four packs are 17.99 +tax & deposit, single cans will be $4.50 +tax & deposit. 10% of all can sales go to support the Brockway Museum.

You definitely want to get to the brewery early, as these will sell quickly once they're gone ...they're gone!
https://www.facebook.com/CortlandBeerCompany/photos/a.1085804904763676.1073741828.1085273121483521/1250384224972409/?type=3&theater

Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I equally love "bad" beer and believe each has it's time and place. PBR, Narragansett, Kokanee, etc.

Maybe time to start a new thread, Camp?
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1 ... 891011121314 ... 20