classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
387 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 20
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Craft Beer Thread

campgottagopee
I guess we could, but I don't think beer flavored beer drinkers need a thread to talk about drinking beer. It's kinda like these kids playing beer pong and shit like that. Really?!?!?????!!!! You need to play a game to drink  beer?? How silly is that? Almost as silly as beer that starts off tasting like shit but then, almost magically, it whispers just a hint of orange. Just enough to not make you want to puke
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Not as silly as killing for sport...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/opinion/stop-killing-coyotes.html?_r=0
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Oh cry me a river ---- yotes kill baby deer that I'd rather let grow so I can kill and eat big bucks  plus they look cool hanging on the wall  and they now seem to like attacking people

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/suburban-la-park-closed-coyote-attacks-humans-41256590

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I guess we could, but I don't think beer flavored beer drinkers need a thread to talk about drinking beer. It's kinda like these kids playing beer pong and shit like that. Really?!?!?????!!!! You need to play a game to drink  beer?? How silly is that? Almost as silly as beer that starts off tasting like shit but then, almost magically, it whispers just a hint of orange. Just enough to not make you want to puke
Awesome answer.
Plus, it should be "The Authentic Beer Thread" anyway. Old and affordable doesn't make it bad.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by campgottagopee

Watery with just a hint of ass and the subtle aroma of a frat house floor. Cheers!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I dig it baby
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
Boom Sauce anyone??  From Lord Hobo.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Appalling news in the craft brewing world as brewer is arrested for not complying with local codes:
http://fauxcountrynews.com/charleston-man-arrested-for-operating-a-craft-brewery-without-a-beard/
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I knew this guy twenty five years ago when he attended college with my sister. Had some good times back then but hadn't seen or talked to him since. He's been working in the brewing business for years but now he's opened his own operation in Rockland County, Idustrial Arts Brewing. I walked into his tasting room this afternoon and he recognized me immediately, even after all these years. Quite a memory. He's also got quite a talent for making beer it turns out.

He fills these big cans right in front of you instead of using growlers. It was kind of neat to see him put the top on with a hand press.

I'm a big fan of porters. This one is very good.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Woah yeah way cool!

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Just opened up the second one, called "Tools of the Trade". It's a good summery beer, clean, medium hoppy with a distinct peachy-ness on the nose and the palate both, with very little aftertaste. It would appeal to people that like Belgian or Belgian-style beers I think.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The Arete Man.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Ha! Well I suck at high level math so.... But thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Winter is coming.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Z
Rockland County has a pretty vibrant beer scene happening. Defiant Brewery in Pearl River has been a favorite of mine for years. They also make some of the best bbq in the area so I had a good excuse to pop in for a "dark horizon stout" the other day. Like all their beers, it is excellent, a good solid, traditional stout.

Somebody here is quite a chalkboard artist. It adds to the places abundance of character.

They expanded their space recently so there's lots of room to sit now and the have live music from time to time.

The place is actually doing tons of business. These pics were relatively early in the afternoon.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I had some beers there with Face4me last year and it was pretty good beer.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by Petronio
"Trop Hop" by Chatham Brewing Company

Described on the can as "a luscious lupulin experience", this is a drinkable, hoppy India Pale Ale with lots of fruit in the aroma and on the tongue.  A cloudy, honeyed appearance in the glass, with a nice foamy head and excellent lacing (as you can see from the pic).

At 6% ABV it is right in the sweet spot for my taste, although I felt a buzz pretty quickly.  The carbonation lends a pleasant mouthfeel, and the taste is very bright, but not coppery -- like I said, lots of juicy tropical fruit taste -- a hint of grapefruit, some mango (they infuse orange and grapefruit peels during the brewing process).  Strong, but not overpowering, hops lend a nice finish.

I had another the next night and found myself licking my lips as I opened the can, looking forward to the taste.  This would taste great after a hot day on the beach, back at the Shore house with some fish on the grill.

This reminded me a lot of the craft IPAs coming out of Vermont.  Really good stuff.  I'd like to try this company's other offerings.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Mill House Brewing Company in Poughkeepsie. Trust me.

http://www.millhousebrewing.com
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Mill House Brewing Company in Poughkeepsie. Trust me.

http://www.millhousebrewing.com
I had reviewed a crowler of their Poughkeepsie Pale Ale earlier on this thread -- it left something to be desired.  However, it must have been the canning process?  In August I attended a Marist College reception at the scenic Rich estate over in Esopus.  Mill House was there with a keg each of about 4 or 5 styles.  Their cucumber cream ale was deliciously refreshing on that hot summer day (once you got past the taste of cucumber beer).  Their stout was fantastic -- smooth, dry, chocolately and drinkable.  And whatever double IPA they were serving was also great.  At some point I will get over to their place downtown and have a meal with a flight or two.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Headed there now...
I don't rip, I bomb.
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 20