Re: Craft Beer Thread

JasonWx
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

billyymc
Personally I'm really tired of all the damn IPA's on the market. Each one tries to up the citrus factor rather than just make a good solid ale. Most of them taste like someone drank a bottle of Mister Clean and a glass of grapefruit juice then puked into a beer bottle and put a cap on it.

Can't even go into a store an get beer flavored beer anymore. I'll take an english mild, brown ale, esb, a nice dry stout - almost anything but another gd IPA. Can't even buy a mixed 12 pack without two frickin IPAs in it anymore.

Bleh. Once in a while a GOOD IPA is fine, but not these overly grapefruity citrusy atrocities.

Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
billyymc wrote
beer flavored beer

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by billyymc
Solution: continue to buy mixed packs and send your unwanted IPAs to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Picked up the Magic Hat Night of the Living Dead variety pack this past weekend.  Yeah, even with Halloween coming up that sounds kind of hokey, but it’s a fine collection of beers.  Yes, it includes an IPA, but it’s not your typical new school, super hoppy, heavy on the citrus kind of IPA.  I bet even Billy would like this one.

The character is somewhat dark, given the spooky nature of the hokey theme.  However, the beers are excellent, especially if you like the chocolate/coffee/caramel malt flavors that darker beers impart.

This season’s Living Dead lineup includes (forgive the hokey names, you’ll be glad you did):  Heart of Darkness Stout, Howl Black Lager, Jinx Scotch Ale (highest test at 6.9%), and......Lucky Kat Amber IPA.  The hoppiness of an IPA is present with this one, but rather than heavy citrus you come away with toasty caramel notes, surprisingly.

Good stuff.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I like a really well made IPA but I drink fewer of them than in the past as they are so big they are more of a one and done beer
I have a very nice malty Fest beer from LP on tap now.  Only 4.5% and very good with a football game.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski

T'was a wonderful evening. They went well with a whole Branzino cooked to perfection on the grill with sauteed broccoli rabe and tator tots!.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nice!
My sisters college buddy, Jeff, is the guy that started Idustrial Arts Brewery up in Garnerville. It's worth a visit, not too far for you, and Jeffs a cool guy. So far I've liked everything I tried from him.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Marcski
holy crap.. You rode like a beast the next morning too..I would have puked and shit my pants...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
JasonWx wrote
holy crap.. You rode like a beast the next morning too..I would have puked and shit my pants...
I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Marcski
So happy they started selling Sips of Sunshine at the store near me:

Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I was out in San Diego a couple of months ago. That place is some kind of great beer Mecca. I had no idea.

I took an afternoon and checked out the Modern Times Brewery. They had more taps than I could even think to sample. Every year they brew a "Black Friday" Black Ale and then add ingredients for experimental variations of the same batch. I tried a couple of these, both were high test so two was plenty. (Sometimes EBI in Saratoga will carry some of their cans.)

We had another night out where a local friend had me try two other beers he knew of.

Belching Beaver PEANUT BUTTER MILK STOUT
America’s Favorite Peanut Butter Milk Stout: this silky-smooth beer put us on the map. Troy came up with the idea of combining Peanut Butter with our Beaver’s Milk Stout and he nailed it. Don’t let the dark color fool you, this beer is delightfully easy to drink with cascading aromas of roasted peanuts, dark chocolate and coffee. We appreciate your continued support for helping make this style our #1 seller.

&

Mother Earth Brew Co. Cali Creamin’
Vanilla Cream Ale

Our flagship offering is golden to pale in color, with low bitterness, medium body, and a white head. Our Cream Ale has redefined the category and made a classic style cool again. We use a bit of Madagascar Vanilla Bean to give it that “Cream Soda” kick. This beer finishes dry despite a subtle perceived sweetness from the Vanilla. Great any time of year.

Lots of unexpected, strange and very tasty beers that got me away from "the usual" IPAs. If you have a chance to try any, I highly recommend it.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We took a road trip yesterday over to Rome NY to visit Copper City Brewing Co.

http://coppercitybrewing.com/

Great beer!! The building itself was a slight disappointment compared to the other Brew Pubs I've been too but the staff and beer make up for that.

Copper City Brewing Co. has been chosen by CraftBeer.com readers as one of the best beer bars in America.

http://romesentinel.com/rome/copper-city-brewing-co-among-best-beer-bars-in-america/QBqrbA!aRmz9hqpkv9Z9e2WdSiMw/

When in Rome..... 

Another, more local favorite of ours is War Horse Brewing Co.

More great beer and an incredible facility

https://www.warhorsebrewing.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
So happy they started selling Sips of Sunshine at the store near me:

They sell that in NY?!?
Reply | Threaded
|

mikegbflo
Yes, all over NY
brewed by Two roads,
so it's not the same...
they also brew Paradox brews..
The long days of Shockley are gone,
 So is football Kennedy style
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!

Affligem Dubbel, dark abbey beer, 6.8%.  Didn’t go for the lighter Tripel at 9%.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm thirsty.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Popped from Well, Netherlands over to Kevelaer, Germany to “do something German”.  Beautiful town, Kevelaer, some 390 years old.

Of course I got a beer....or two.

A “natural” style (as the proprietor called it) kellerbeer.  Very good!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Does all beer in Germany have to adhere to the German purity law*, or is it just microbrews?

*note: typing that kind of creeps me out
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Good question.....don’t know!

In Belgium today.  Not just a Trappist style “abbey” beer today, but a couple of beers from one of the 12 recognized Trappist breweries, of which Orval and 5 others are in Belgium.  This is one of the oldest brews in the world.

1 ... 14151617181920