classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
387 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 20
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Craft Beer Thread

Brownski
Goose Island... sorry if it's a repeat. Pretty good. A lot of crafty brewers make everything too heavy/hoppy for hot weather but these guys don't...

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Shock Top Belgian White

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
We're is the slice of orange?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I got ripped off I guess; probably would have gotten it if I'd gone in the beer room but I had to get my wife a soda so I went to the concession stand. That's ok. I don't need fruit in my beer.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Yea, with you on that. I usually eat the orange slice and then drink the beer.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Shock Top Belgian White

That is not craft beer.  It's coors light with a different yeast and some artificial orange flav and color added made in a vat the size of an oil storage container off the jersey turnpike.   It's an abonimnation of a chick drink that no serious beer drinker would be caught posting a photo of.  Your man card is hereby revoked
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Ha! I thought it was a little on the sweet side; wasn't at all surprised to hear that people put oranges in it. Don't like Coors light but if that's what was being served I would drink it. I guess you wouldn't like my favorite beer much...
UC for me!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Bravo, Brownski

Coach likes all that sissy beer  that tastes like dirty socks

I'm a Rolling Rock guy myself
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
For corn beers UC and RR are drinkable if there is not any real beer.  Real beer as per the Reinheitsgebot (Bavarian beer purity law) has only water yeast hops and malt.  Corn and rice used in cheap ass US macro brews is not allowed.  They are cheap ingredients and corn is why cheap beer gives you a hang over.  Note that the UC can says grains not malt.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Stewart's shops is now offering their own craft beer - any takers?

https://www.stewartsshops.com/news/coming-soon/
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
You know their orange cream soda and egg nog is so good I might just give it a try; probably made at UC/Saranac anyway.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by PeeTex
It's made by Shmaltz
They make good IPA
Should be pretty good stuff
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
That is not craft beer.  It's coors light with a different yeast and some artificial orange flav and color added made in a vat the size of an oil storage container off the jersey turnpike.   It's an abonimnation of a chick drink that no serious beer drinker would be caught posting a photo of.  Your man card is hereby revoked
Ummm......sorry, Z, guys who get their info THIS wrong don't get to be collecting Man Cards!

Shock Top is an AB product.  Maybe you could say it's bud light, yada, yada, yada....except it's got no corn and it's not brewed in vats off the Jersey Turnpike.

Blue Moon.....now that's MillerCoors!  Of course all of the rest of your disparaging remarks don't apply to Blue Moon, either.  No corn or rice, and it's brewed by Molson in Canada.

Now and again, when I'm in the mood for a witbeer, I'll go for a Blue Moon.  It's an ok change of pace, but nothing special.  Not as fond of Shock Top, as they go with more citrus flavors in the brew.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
Coach Z wrote
Ummm......sorry, Z, guys who get their info THIS wrong don't get to be collecting Man Cards!

Shock Top is an AB product.  Maybe you could say it's bud light, yada, yada, yada....except it's got no corn and it's not brewed in vats off the Jersey Turnpike.

Blue Moon.....now that's MillerCoors!  Of course all of the rest of your disparaging marks don't apply to Blue Moon, either.  No corn or rice, and it's brewed by Molson in Canada.

Now and again, when I'm in the mood for a witbeer, I'll go for a Blue Moon.  It's an ok change of pace, but nothing special.  Not as fond of Shock Top, as they go with more citrus flavors in the brew.
There's actually nothing wrong with corn or rice either. SOME mass-produced American pilseners taste really good. SOME don't. I'm not on board with equating corn with corn derived sweeteners. On the distilled spirits side some of the most successful brands/ categories right now are corn based and I don't view that as a mark against them.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Yep you are right but Blue moon and shock top are decidedly not craft beer.  It's mass production schlock made in huge fricking industrial vats by AB and Molson Coors with the cheapest possible raw materials and artificial flavors and colors added.  To me they are totally interchangeable and undrinkable.

If you want a good craft made wit try Allagash White or Harpoon UFO
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
While undrinkable might be a bit dramatic....I hear you.  Of course, there can be a time and place for certain dreck.  Heck, I even throw back a PBR now and again!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
JTG4eva! wrote
While undrinkable might be a bit dramatic....I hear you.  Of course, there can be a time and place for certain dreck.  Heck, I even throw back a PBR now and again!
I was in a NOLA taco join , they had 1$ canned PBR's  ..That was a great beer...
everything has it's time and place
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Nothing wrong with PBR.  I'm a more quality than quantity guy when it comes to most things.....except fluids @ 5% ABV.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
D.B. Cooper wrote
Nothing wrong with PBR.  I'm a more quality than quantity guy when it comes to most things.....except fluids @ 5% ABV.
+1
The third one tastes fine!

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
if its the only thing available I might have a Molson Canadian or a Labatts Blue but if the choice is bud light or some other macro crap I'd order a glass of wine or a bourbon instead
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 20