Cruise Night in Flatlands USA

classic Classic
46 messages Options
Reply |  

Cruise Night in Flatlands USA

Harvey
Admin
The last weekend in April every year my home town has this mini-event on a Friday night they call "Cruise Night."  It's a chance for people to show off their wheels on Main Street, while everyone else enjoys the evening...

This thing is really cool. An REO Speedwagon Pizza Truck that has an onboard woodstove, owned by a local pizzeria...

Lots of muscle cars...

A classic 'Stang...

We got to tour a new restaurant that is opening soon...

A cool fun night....

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: Cruise Night in Flatland USA

JasonWx
sweet rides....

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Classic car cruise nights are so cool.

I really like that '69 Mustang - that is my dream classic car. It even has room for skis!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |  

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by Harvey
Nice.

The first time I drove through your town, I checked out that REO Speedwagon truck at the pizza joint.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Cruise Night is now officially outta control.  There was so many people I could barely walk home from work.  

I snapped a few phone pics...

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

njadk
Harv- I've driven through Cruise Night a few times, though never stopped. Plus, that Nomad pizza sign is unmistakeable. Didn't realize there were some flatlanders so close to me. Small world...ever go to the Tiger's Tale?

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Been a while since I've been to the Tiger's Tale... when it was my stomping grounds a billion years ago it was called the Foolish Fox.

When we moved to the area in the late 60s it was called Black Barts. It had a sign that said "Lounge."  Mom.. what is a lounge? All I could imagine was people sitting in plastic reclining lawn chairs.

Reply |  

JasonWx
That Vett is insane..looks like a 71 LT1...

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
That Vett is insane..looks like a 71 LT1...
Think it's a 73. The 68-72's all had chrome front and rear bumpers. The one in the pic only has a chrome rear bumper. Still a wicked cool car.

Reply |  

JasonWx
Yep..looks like a 73...

"Peace and Love"