DIY home improvement

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
83 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DIY home improvement

Johnnyonthespot
$hark bite. The key is to deburr the ends of the copper. I'm using it behind walls were the baseboard heat lines run. Talk about a leap of faith. Then again, I'm not worried about some sheetrock and a little soldering. I've done it all.

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Like this TJ?

I may go for this look on the other one.

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
That looks like a car wash
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Designed for someone NOT on well & septic.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
D.B. Cooper wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Designed for someone NOT on well & septic.
WAs thinking the same thing
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I thought it was a high performance bidet.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Municipalities are now using them.  I use them in my apartment house no problems yet.  I put one on the main going into my LP home, it did leak once but sealed itself back up and I have not had any problems since.  Sweating them is not that hard until it is then its a real PITA.

We put two shower heads on the walls across from each other.  On one is the traditional shower head the other is removable so you can bidet the hell out of yourself if that's your thing.  

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Full body bidet for the biggest asshole around!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
witch hobble wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Full body bidet for the biggest asshole around!
Pretty much
 So where's your diy skills? I know you're holding out.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble

This is the demo of my ongoing project at work.  Time warp from 1967. Wallpaper, shag, the whole deal. Previous owner shut the bathroom down after it leaked into the kitchen......in 2012 🙄.

That project will be tabled for a few weeks while we get a grip on the empty apartments left behind after the end of the semester.

My skills are decent, but I work slow. 95% of all projects are in rental units. So nothing too fancy.  This one will have corner shower unit instead of tub. Reposition toilet and vanity locations. Plaster/lathe removal. Insulation, sheetrock. Replacement window. Replace cast iron stink pipe with PVC.  Run pex for domestic water and baseboard heat.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Respect.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
You guys are amazing, I’ve done some tile work but not like that.
I was into fine cabinet making, intricate vineers, made my own vacuum vineer press. I have a full woodworking shop out back, Powermatic cabinet saw, jointer, planer, even a mortise machine. Shit collects dust. My plan was to toss out all our store bought furniture and build everything myself when I retired. I just can’t retire.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
First of all kudos to you DIY warriors , you have my deepest respect . Beautiful thing about that is there isa start middle and end to the damn project and you can see what you have accomplished at the end of each day ...nice offset to the daily grind .

PTEX : honest inquiry here , not busting your sack at all , BUT dude WHY can't you retire ??  You surely have the jack , you surely have OTHER interests , You surely have no need to ACHIEVE more ?    So im curious what is driving that statement ? Again not breaking your chops !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I can, but I truely love what I do. Given the choice of sling a powder day or having a breakthrough on a really natty problem - I’ll stay home in the lab. Sorry - that’s my DNA
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Thanks for answering , the topic always intersts me .  Well THAT Is commendable and certainly a decent response which i understand .we all have different motivations and drives

I always was an iconoclast " he who thinks otherwise "  a change agent , so my goal set at a very early age  was different than many . I wanted to get busy making a life not just a living and for me that drove my career behavior and financial planning . I was a devotee of the notion that one only has so much life force thus KNOW Thyself and use it wisely .

I too need intellectual involvement and but choose to do it thru my board and committe work at the medical center . This keeps me with very bright folks and working on knotty strategic issues futuring that organization and negotiating several regional hospital affiliations and enhancing scope of services offered to our patients BUT free of encumbrances of employment and its limitations.

But i must confess that while i was in love with what i did , i had a life long goal to leave early after achieving FI and  pursue leisure activities and for me it was Right  move . Not for everyone but for me it works .

In addition to my principle work in higher education My 20 yr parallel Consulting business gave me that freedom in my early fifties and i am very fortunate to have been retired since 51 yrs of age .l. Oh i messed around continuing my consulting work but limiting it to 75 days a yr for 5 more yrs,  .

We were very fortunate to have a series of longterm organizational clients that committed to annual training seminar series for developing executives so it was an easy transition .   Our clients usually had advanced degrees in their specialty areas chemists , biologists , Rxers  or  other subsets . They were being placedin mgt positions and needed some specific  trainng . I then pulled  the plug permanantly at age 56 and my consulting partners took over .

And there you have it , what makes Warp , warp hahahahha
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
And so the barn project begins --- not really a DIY projext as I've hired my buddy to do 99% of it. He's really good at leaving me a list of things to do so I feel involved. LOL

Just broke ground this AM

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Let's cut to the chase. What kind of shitter are you putting in it?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL

20 x 20 A-frame style to match my house --- basically one big toy box
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Nice Camper , hell that could be your dog house if ya ever get in trouble !!