ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Colleges for skiing?

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Thanks. That reminds me I need to go back to that thread and post up some ride suggestions.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
my freshmen year I was surrounded by three wings of females.

OMG!  

Coming from an all male christian military school, I thought I died and went to heaven!  Sometimes, or more than most times, "will you help me move a dresser or do you want to study in my room" is code for the good times!  

Were they impressed with your bike riding skills
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Just to be clear - there are ramifications if a minor is caught with alcohol or consuming alcohol (and not even driving) and BTW - this is enforced: From the NYS MIP web site:

A violation of New York’s minor in possession law is a civil offense, which subjects the violator to fines and other consequences, but it is not a criminal conviction. Minors who unlawfully possess alcohol may not be arrested, but they may be summoned to appear in court, where a judge may impose one or all of the following penalties:
• Fines. Minors who violate New York’s minor in possession laws may be fined up to $50.
• Alcohol awareness programs. Violators may be ordered to take part in alcohol awareness programs established under New York state law.
• Community service. Minors may be ordered to complete up to 30 community service hours. (New York  Al. Bev. Con. Section 65-c (3).)

Police officers may seize illegally possessed alcohol and take it into custody to be destroyed. (New York  Al. Bev. Con. Section 65(5) &(6).)

So here is what is likely to happen, you will have to appear in front of a judge and you will have to take a course and pay the fine. No real record, but a PITA and your parents will be notified. Now you want to know the pisser, if you go to another state - say on spring break and get caught, you don't get out of it. You are liable to go to court in that state but most likely get to take the course back in NY, that is after a bunch of hassle.

So - have at it.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

noip
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Keep your dirty cock out of my car buddy! :)
can I wipe it off first?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
ScottyJack wrote
my freshmen year I was surrounded by three wings of females.

OMG!  

Coming from an all male christian military school, I thought I died and went to heaven!  Sometimes, or more than most times, "will you help me move a dresser or do you want to study in my room" is code for the good times!  

Were they impressed with your bike riding skills
more than most times  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by noip
noip wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Keep your dirty cock out of my car buddy! :)
can I wipe it off first?
Vigorously?
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
MikeK wrote
That is a good position to take, but at times might be hard to enforce.
That's where finding the right friends becomes important.  If you find friends that drink or drug, and most likely you will, and they are cool with you as a DD, they better respect your expressed wishes that they not partake en route.  If they can't do that then you don't need them.
Good point, but I'll just say I during my pre-work, post-hs years, I had a plethora of different friends from straight-edged, Christians to hard-core degenerates.  I don't fit into any group, and I was always cool with people who accepted me as I was and had an open mind.  I'm sure my more straight-edged friends thought I was a bit crazy, and my degenerate friends thought I was kind of geeky, but I got along with everyone.  Neither of those two extremes would associate with each other, but if you are moderate, open-minded kind of person who doesn't really fit into cliques but has traits people like i.e. intelligence, humor, a sense of adventure, etc... then you might find yourself associating with all sorts.

I always had haters from both sides who were either jealous or thought I was a phony or wasn't hardcore enough.  Whatevs man.  You'll always get that.  I've always embraced being a misfit and an opportunist.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This post was updated on .
This is my most favorite scene from any movie ever.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sorry late to this party, had an big mtb/ski weekend.

This thread is epic.  Somewhere around page 45 or 48 it goes in another direction and should be broken out into the OT.  Who wants to own it? May just move the whole thing into OT.

This forum probably shouldn't have a minor in it.  Having one person with different rules makes a lot of extra work.  Like everyone else in this thread I gotta live my dream too.  It ain't this.

We'll probably prohibit minors going forward, with snoloco grandfathered in.

Sno be good, you'll go far.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by MikeK
Wow The inmates are off the rails today ,its  mildly entertaining , some even humorous , but with little value added .  

FWIW , Both SNO AND EThan have shown more maturity and wisdom by neither paying attention to your  positions or by their tacit rejection Of your points of view . These guys have a future .

I will leave you to your own lifestyles, that is not of any concern to me .  Your reality is yours alone, and so we will agree to disagree and move on .

Chao !

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
warp daddy wrote
Wow The inmates are off the rails today ,its  mildly entertaining , some even humorous , but with little value added .  

FWIW , Both SNO AND EThan have shown more maturity and wisdom by neither paying attention to your  positions or by their tacit rejection Of your points of view . These guys have a future .

I will leave you to your own lifestyles, that is not of any concern to me .  Your reality is yours alone, and so we will agree to disagree and move on .

Chao !
It's quite interesting that you respond to this post of mine apparently:

MikeK wrote
Good point, but I'll just say I during my pre-work, post-hs years, I had a plethora of different friends from straight-edged, Christians to hard-core degenerates.  I don't fit into any group, and I was always cool with people who accepted me as I was and had an open mind.  I'm sure my more straight-edged friends thought I was a bit crazy, and my degenerate friends thought I was kind of geeky, but I got along with everyone.  Neither of those two extremes would associate with each other, but if you are moderate, open-minded kind of person who doesn't really fit into cliques but has traits people like i.e. intelligence, humor, a sense of adventure, etc... then you might find yourself associating with all sorts.

I always had haters from both sides who were either jealous or thought I was a phony or wasn't hardcore enough.  Whatevs man.  You'll always get that.  I've always embraced being a misfit and an opportunist.
In which I was speaking about tolerance and acceptance of all sorts of individuals and beliefs (don't get me wrong, I'll bust your balls for being unaccepting and judgemental, which I suppose is a belief).

I guess if you don't find that value added, then perhaps too many words have been wasted.

As far as the inmate comment, that's a bit harsh.  If you want to know who you are talking to I'll tell you I was once arrested for something I didn't do (fairly ironic as I've done a bunch of illegal things).  Took it to trial and the charges were dismissed.  I've never been incarcerated and I don't have a criminal record.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Warp likes to make himself feel morally superior by insulting others that are different. Ya, he seems like a real fun guy.

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Ya know what  IS   funny ??  

H'mm  for two supposed internet tough guys ,  two real self declared badass rebels without a cause ,  you  both get all BUTT Hurt when you are called out , funny chit !  

I neither consider myself morally superior nor above anyone else , simply calling BS when i see it , read it or hear it .

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
warp daddy wrote

H'mm  for two supposed internet tough guys ,  two real self declared badass rebels without a cause ,  you  both get all BUTT Hurt when you are called out , funny chit !  

I neither consider myself morally superior nor above anyone else , simply calling BS when i see it , read it or hear it .

Nope. That's not it at all.

You're just a dick.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Mike the inmate comment was not relective of a criminal reference at all, ever watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest ?
 I rally chuckled tho when you called yourself a MODERATE , great hyperbole Mike , really funny !
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
warp daddy wrote

I'm sorry friend, but I'm not hurt at all.

I'm not sure what BS you think you have construed from me, but everything I've typed here is the truth - it's so honest and true I'm not sure who would go out of their way to make it up as it doesn't make me out to be a good guy.

I was a bit hurt about people throwing my parents back in my face.  That's a little below the belt, but hey, I shouldn't have said it if I was ashamed of it, which I'm not... just get a bit touchy when people tell you that you are fucked up because of them.  Too many people fall on that crutch.  I saw what they did, and I'm smart enough and accountable enough to make my own decisions, that's why I didn't end up with the same fate.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Zona , that shows the level of your intelligence ... Wonderful insights you possess .... Better get back to studying Chem 😎
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
warp daddy wrote
Mike the inmate comment was not relective of a criminal reference at all, ever watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest ?
 I rally chuckled tho when you called yourself a MODERATE , great hyperbole Mike , really funny !
In the entire spectrum of individuals I encountered in my college life, I'd say I was pretty moderate.  I wasn't straight edge, I wasn't an off-the-edge maniac.

I wasn't talking about being moderate like Hillary Clinton.  I was talking about my social interactions.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Exactly.