I'm dreaming of a white....

photo courtesy Darkside Shaman
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
CMR CMR
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Gore Conditions

In reply to this post by Harvey
With its double fall line and plenty of marginal skiers, I've always felt that Pine Knot is one of the hardest runs on the mountain when the conditions are sketchy.  ANY added snow will be a very welcome addition.  

That said, I'm really excited to see the "Gore Conditions" thread commence for the upcoming season!  Is Darkside's Arena pic current???
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

CMR wrote
With its double fall line and plenty of marginal skiers, I've always felt that Pine Knot is one of the hardest runs on the mountain when the conditions are sketchy.  ANY added snow will be a very welcome addition.  

That said, I'm really excited to see the "Gore Conditions" thread commence for the upcoming season!  Is Darkside's Arena pic current???

LOL yea a fan gun couldn't hurt Pine Knot although that gun is really to recover the summit of Bear early season or after it's been windblown.

Shaman pic came this afternoon via txt with the words "White is right" underneath. Got to assume it was taken on his daily walk with the doggies.
frk frk
Reply |

In reply to this post by CMR
the conditions are always sketchy on pineknot and there are always too many marginal skiers mixed with worldcup downhillers zipping thru the chaos.
Darkside Shaman Darkside Shaman
Reply |

In reply to this post by CMR
That pic was this afternoon. I joked to the electricians who were putting more "more eyes on the snowman" that I've seen it much worse on opening day. The white ribbon from the top of Bear looks very nice from town
Ski More at Old Gore!  
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Snow at Gore Mountain
Photo 11/13/12 courtesy Gore Mountain Staff Photog
CMR CMR
Reply |

It's nice to see some white on arena and wild air!  Here's hoping the temps drop so the guns can start blasting!  

The forecast doesn't look great for Thanksgiving, but I'm crossing fingers ... and toes.

Any predictions?
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

CMR wrote
Any predictions?
Gore will operate Gondola and Sunway lifts on opening day. Trails will be Ruby to Foxlair to Sunway to 3B, plus QuickSilver to 3B and Upper and Lower Jambo.

With a little luck, or with a slight improvement in the forecast, you could see Showcase to Sleighride to Stokes to Arena at somepoint during opening/Thanksgiving weekend too.

Groomer cutting 1st road through piles this morning.
Raymo40 Raymo40
Reply |

Picked up our passes today. Here's a pic.

1234 ... 47