classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
466 messages Options
1 ... 1718192021222324
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

bean valley
T-Glades was so good today I about crapped myself it was so good. Really. Knee-deep in total softness.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
all this raving and not even one crappy cell phone pic
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Almost poached T on Tuesday but was worried about Burnt Ridge not being open yet(was a little ahead of 6 but was helped with a little help from the glades' ghosts...thank you)  I really hope Hudson runs on Friday as I will bring both my tree skis and rock skis, but alas I have to work and will be out of there by 11...Saturday until noon then done until ???

PS Skimore, I am not a good one for pics and Tuesday was snowing too hard...Today?  anyone?
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote

High Pines around 10:30 this am.  It was better than it looks.  That's all I got.  My phone dies too quick.  Cover was really good except the one spot in Cirque that tends to get wiped clean.  Looked like it was going to be bluebird early but then it got cloudy and light/medium snow most of the day.  Not a ton but every little bit counts.  Last run was Chatterbox and cover in there is still good.

I was going to head up to whiteface on friday with some buddies but I may have to redirect to the bowl.

I rode a pair of 2009 line bacons today.  Man those things beat the crap outta me.  I am used to blowing through stuff not getting bounced off of everything.  Not sure I am down with the twin tips either.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice.

Feed me a pic of Twister Glades through the bars. I won't probably bite.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
Hey Suds....BOOO:)!!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
Today was still great. We got 2-3" of re-fresh overnight, including snow squalls and stuff getting blown around/out of the trees. Woods are still a lot of fun.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
sudsnbumps wrote
K Man, interesting place to see you yesterday  
I generally try not to be seen.....
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Also, today was the 1st time I've ever seen a Bluebird Skies Snow Squall. Pretty cool.

The picture doesn't do it justice. It was really coming down.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
fixedheeln on wed with the flu
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
I've been stuck in Florida - you guys make me sick.
See you this weekend on the mountain.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
OK so how is Gore 100% open with Cave, Ski Bowl and Hudson Glades not open.  Maybe I won't come up in the morning as my plans have been disturbed...note the word Maybe

K Man, apparently there were other people in there that I waved to (some visible some invisible...don't remember) that was told to me tonight at J&A's in Saratoga

Shaman  you just move faster uphill with those free heels

It's all good...please let it last, we deserve it!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
It was snowing like crazy when I left today at 12:30.  What an incredible day at the Bowl.  My only regret was that I left to look for greener pastures, but came back to the Bowl in the end.  Shaman, you told me not to go and you were right...but if nothing else, it gave my legs a rest...although I and several other folks who were where they shouldn't have been, all agreed that where we were was "aptly kept from the masses".  I may work from the bowl again tomorrow, it was only getting better

The top of the mountain (Darkside that is as I never made it to Straightbrook) was winter and hadn't changed very much; Mid mountain had a freeze thaw thing going on and the woods were basically thick dust on hard crust; The bowl had deep heavy snow...in the woods was great...out in the open was great work.

On my first run I ventured a little off track and some notable locals apparently followed my tracks...oops sorry...although I think I was the only one that went into the water...
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
We went straight over to sagamore this mornings.  Nice coverage over there minus that one icy patch on the last headwall... but that thing has been there for ages.  It was better in the afternoon after the grooming got skied out a bit.  We went up straightbrook, hawkeye was skied off by 10:30am, lies was starting to form some decent lumps.  Way to much traffic up top so things were getting skied off fast.  Darkside was decent, woods looked a bit ran out.  Lower Darby had some nice bumps and good coverage.  

After lunch we hit the bowl... and it was great in the afternoon.  The snow kept falling and it was FANTASTIC over there.  Oak ridge to Moxham was great.  The traverses were well covered.  Nice and loose with a slight bit of bump.  Did not make it into the woods, but they looked good from the chair.  It was my first time over there this year (first time that lift has been running midweek in my memory).  
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
This post was updated on .
Nice report Footer:) glad you enjoyed the bowl, it truly is a gem
Today was one of those days
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Excellent day at Gore, ski bowl glades were great, other glades were nice as well. Conditions held up well. The new snow made everything ski like mid winter (well not this winter). Seems like the snow has come late the last few years,
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
It snowed again most of the day.  2 inches on top of the cord on Oak Ridge was good.  Really good.

Barkeater was awesome this morning and very good at day's end.

Dark Side skied very nicely, not super hard to find unskied snow.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
skiing was really good . woods whole lot of fun ,stuffs getting skied but not skied up.late in the day still find some uncut.glad we caught up harv ,had fun sliding around with you lifting my heel some.yukon glad i could share with you your first run down barkeater ,thats a long glade especially late in the day.some of the lower groomed stuff had a weird feel to it late
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Glad we linked up fellas. It was fun. Barkeater far exceeded my expectations. Enjoyed it.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln

still finding fresh tracks sunday afternoon
1 ... 1718192021222324