classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
466 messages Options
1 ... 192021222324
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Footer
All I got to say about today is... bluebird.  No clouds, all sun.  There was a decent amount of wind, gondolla was running a bit slow.  

Spent the morning over at burnt ridge.  Sagamore has some decent skid marks but is holding up well.  Echo was nearly perfect and fast.  No woods at all today.  Today skied like it was January.  Snow was firm all day except for the last few hundred feet of vert. on the lower mountain.  Lies was great all day, had some nice corn on it.  Darkside was extremely firm so I stayed out of there.  Looking forward to tomorrow, might finally get my one layer bluebird day!  Lots of paper tickets and kids running around today, though the lot was only 3/4 full.  
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Wow. Bluebird and warm. Great coverage for April. Things didn't really soften up all over until around noon. No woods, but nice Spring skiing on all the trails. We should be good (barring a weather disaster) for at least a few more weekends. Sounds like this was the last full week of operations.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
I believe my timing today was superb, eh Yukon
The corn was so ripe to rip that I was actually dropping my knee and enjoying it today
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Yup, another great day.  Lies was forming some nice bumps by the afternoon.  Good day.  Unfortunatly I had a fall at the bottom of lower darby and now have skier's thumb... so.. that is fun.  That part is not recommended.  
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
yes, it was a knee dropping day ,which is tops on the conditions rating scale.rode every lift that was spinning, whole mt tour today.shaman did you do double deer on your way out?super stellar sensational .yukon sorry we missed you,with out outlaw and local dignitary we didnt stand and talk much.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
No 2x deer today, ripped Showcase at mach 1.5
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by freeheeln
You hit it perfect, Darkside. Must be nice to live so close!

Sorry I missed you all too, freeheeln. It was a bit of a "take it easy" type of day as I was nursing a lower back "thing". Should be good to go for Saturday.

Have fun all you lucky bums who get to ski and ride today.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Thank you  I enjoyed today!  Slow start (well by that I mean fast and hard) but once the sun popped through WOW!  Some tree shots were great some hard but Rumor was the pick of the Day...It really doesn't ski better than today...Snow storms aside, Spring Bumps on Rumor Rock!
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
fixedheeln and i headed up despite gloom and doom forecast. sunny skies prevailed softening near mid winter snow coverage very nicely. stayed low early, firm to start.rode adk express several times, may be the last time. slid up top with a few tele locals. everything up top was supersational. shaman and others showed up as tele folks rolled out. repeat with new group,again stellarific. fixed was fond of hullabaloo. plenty of knee dropping today.  things got a bit mushy low late, tho double deer was delightful. great day,  great fun, great friends.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Conditions were “interesting” today for lack of a better word. Gray mist sleet to rain to looking like sun back to fog. Snow was groomed soft and hard and tricky. There was no skiing outside of groomed area as there were 2 inches sleet under frozen rain. We only skied front off gondi. Quicksilver was good Showcase good early, Twister good late.  As we were leaving at 12:30 Mike Pratt asked if were coming back tomorrow we said did not know yet. Then he said we’re opening next weekend see you then. He said spread the word so I am. I'm not really done yet, don't care to golf or do yard work.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Hudsonhiker wrote
 Then he said we’re opening next weekend see you then. He said spread the word so I am. I'm not really done yet, don't care to golf or do yard work.
Thanks for the info.
I will be up there next Sat, had not planned on skiing but may make a few turns. I think I would rather hike though.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
They don't get much better than today.  Top Ten...Perfect spring day!  Powder (sort of) first 7 runs all lower mountain and all freshies.  Woods skied great and finished the day with the DOG!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
was a great day. temps a bit more winter than spring, snow and graupel  from the sky. surface  was cornish sugar, with great coverage  still. how many more "one more wkend"s can we get?
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I only know him as Keith but he had the quote of the day "Poor Mans Powder" and it was sweet...
Summer Sucks!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
You can't ask for more on 4/20...although I can only report on Rumor and Lies...The Mountain skied Awesome!  I'll be back tomorrow
Summer doesn't suck just yet...
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
suds everything was skiing great . our big group was big on exploring. darkside was great too. hopped in some woods , surfaces were good, cover a  bit bare. fixed and i were glad to share a chair with you guys .was getting colder quick ,with snow showers . tomorrows gonna rock!
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Butter smooth corn, all terrain open and skiing stellar including the woods, and it's 4/20
See you all tomorrow for the last hurrah
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Have never been to Gore, but thinking about tomorrow. Are there decent bumps anywhere there right now?
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Mj, I'm considering going up tomorrow. Would you consider carpooling if I can get up to you? Where can I leave my car around there? Terrain should be great, I am
Going to assume spring bumps will be on Lies. Let's talk!
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Wow what a nice day. Great season....see you all in November have a great summer.
1 ... 192021222324