700 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 35
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

PeeTex
snoloco wrote

She would've been stuck on the lower mountain all day and wouldn't have enjoyed herself much at all.
So she likes the slog and over the hump to get at cloud and headwaters so much. Maybe she should take up cross country.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The mountain is skiing absolutely fantastically today trees and lies.

Lies is open it's so steep and it's just great skiing.

Just in the lower part of double barrel with Neve and it was so much fun banging through those bumps.

Mmmm donuts
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Glad to hear the skiing is good.  Double Barrel is my favorite trail at Gore.  Happy New Year!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

lies is open it's so steep and it's just such great skiing.

Just in the lower part of double barrel with Neve and it was so much fun just so cool banging through those bumps.
It appears that you're having one extra special holiday this year Harv ! That's wonderful ! Best to you and yours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Harvey wrote

lies is open it's so steep and it's just such great skiing.
Agreed, conditions were fantastic today, every part of the mountain was skiing great.  Sun came out, and even the gusts at 8:30 this morning were fine given the temps.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Harvey wrote
Just in the lower part of double barrel with Neve and it was so much fun so cool banging through those bumps.
Looks like she made Gore's FB page today.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This was so much fun

lower double barrel
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Nice day today. Lies was sporty, best snow was on Uncas late in the day - nice sun.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Harvey wrote
Lies is open it's so steep and it's just great skiing.
This is kind of cray, but what I meant to say was that the snowmaking has made the top of Lies seem Rumor steep.
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
+1

Lies headwall was best I've ever seen it. "Steep as all snot and grippy", I believe is how I described it to all. Not sticky, grippy. Meaning that despite the steepness you could easily dig in, hug the hill, and still make a smooth turn.

two days of that this weekend was wicked.

Plenty of recon being done this weekend, but one of the faves that was with 3 a few duckers getting a headstart, patrol put the pads up on DB. Skied down to entrance and met up with about 5-6 other chaps waiting legally. Patrol circled back around and expressed how impressed he was with our patience after he stated "jeez, I thought this rope was already down". Unanimous response from the group was along the lines of "thanks, just remember that later today if you run into us". I thought patrol was very fair this weekend. Kudos to those hardworking folks.
Reply | Threaded
|

ka2kci
I am continually amazed at Gore's ability to recover from a rain event.  I was pleasantly surprised  to find conditions much better than I expected after yesterday's rain and last nights deep freeze.  Although conditions were fast, I had no trouble keeping an edge all day long.  They were blowing talc like powder on Sunway and they are also working on getting Echo open.  I believe that they will be resurfacing Showcase soon.  One more dump and the glades will be back in play.  Hopefully we won't get any more rain and the base can get built up.  I adhered to my time tested motto..."When in doubt, go,out"
Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks for this update Matt.  Appreciate it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Bad accident on Lies yesterday. Chopper called.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote
This was so much fun

lower double barrel
I think under the lift below Hawkeye is part of Straight Brook Glades
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Spongeworthy wrote
Harvey wrote
This was so much fun

lower double barrel
I think under the lift below Hawkeye is part of Straight Brook Glades
As I recall you are correct. The upper cuts are gun barrel and double barrel
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
I know you are right. We call it lower double barrel in our family because when we say that we all know exactly what we are referring too. On that day the run under the lift was open but the part of SB Glades accessed from Chatiemac was closed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by ka2kci
Today was decent.  Uncas is pretty slick.  Hawk is holding snow on the lower part but the main headwall was pretty much done by noon.  Lies was excellent.  Whatever they did the the headwall they should always do.  Very easy to drop into.  Showcase and twister never skied well today.  Quicksilver was good in the morning but gone by 2pm.  Even in places they groomed the groomers could not dig in enough and I found I even had issues planting my pole in most places.  Guns blazing on burnt ridge today.  Enjoy the weekend, hopefully Tuesday will be better!  
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
I've often wondered why the Gore groomers don't use the front end renovators I've seen laying in the parking lots at times. It would certainly help on some of the more hardpacked trails.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
BRLKED wrote
I've often wondered why the Gore groomers don't use the front end renovators I've seen laying in the parking lots at times. It would certainly help on some of the more hardpacked trails.
Good question. Never heard of those. Maybe Sno will elucidate.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Gore was disappointing again yesterday. Ice everywhere, everything up top "groomed" down to hardpack, ice crust in the woods, no character, no fun, no soul. Seeing the pics from McCauley made me question why I even bothered with Gore.

It was such a comedown from 6" of fresh light pow Friday at Killington. From this:

To this:

Meh. Over it. Gore needs to get some snow to make the mountain fun. Was going to ski today, but F it, headed home early.
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 35