122 messages Options
1 ... 34567
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grrrr. I've had better days.

Johnnyonthespot
Brownski wrote
So if I end up needing a new roof, you guys don’t want to hear about it?
I do. I know all about that shit too.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Lincoln Tech worked for me! (hooked on phonics voice)
Side note.....I once knew a stoner who had a t-shirt that read, "Hooked on 'ponics"
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Nice!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Ugh. I just noticed this. I can’t even tell you if it happened on the hill or they somehow got gouged in the garage or the vehicle. What’s the verdict?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
IMO that had to be skiing.  Where was your last day?  How was the cover?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, that looks like it had to be from skiing.  Didn’t rip the edge out, so a weld should fix that right up?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
Yeah, that looks like it had to be from skiing.  Didn’t rip the edge out, so a weld should fix that right up?
It being so close to the edge is actually what concerned me. That’s definitely the worst gouge I ever put in a ski. That’s beyond my skills to fix I think.  Guess I’ll have to drop them off.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I’ve had gouges near the edge needing a weld.  Unless you have the proper tools and know how to do a base weld I’d def drop them somewhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Meh --- cut it off with a knife, fill with peetex, scrape her flat, done. Just a flesh wound.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
No expert here, beyond a search, advice on TGR, and the like.  If they are a ski you like and use often the ptex won’t hold long, it won’t adhere to the core.  You could put some epoxy in there first and try to score that, to get the ptex to hold longer.  Full tune with a weld has run me maybe $60 at Whiteface.  Worth it if you like the skis, IMHO....
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Meh --- cut it off with a knife, fill with peetex, scrape her flat, done. Just a flesh wound.
Yep - if you use the drip candle method just get the peetex flowing and dont drip it in from a distance - flow it in, also heat the area up a bit with a hair dryer first so the metal does not draw as much heat away from that area, you want the flowing peetex to melt a little bit of the peetex already in the base to get the best weld.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
I do like them- not quite K2 812 like or X-screams like- but they’re only 3 years old so I’ll probably let a pro do the job. I’ve been meaning to find a new shop since my local guy went out of business so I guess it’s the appropriate time.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
metal grip (https://www.racewax.com/metal-grip-ski-snowboard-base-repair-material-black/) and a home cheapo soldering iron'll fix that baby right up. fill to just below the base of the ski and p-tex flush, easy peasy
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Yep - if you use the drip candle method just get the peetex flowing and dont drip it in from a distance - flow it in, also heat the area up a bit with a hair dryer first so the metal does not draw as much heat away from that area, you want the flowing peetex to melt a little bit of the peetex already in the base to get the best weld.
PeeTex on peetex!

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote

PeeTex on peetex!

They don't call me ultra high molecular weight polyethylene for nothin - although I am trying to stick to a diet...
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Shit - just got a call from my Doc, had pretty high cholesterol on my last blood test. Did a cardiac calcium score, not good. Wife says no more Long trips in the BC. Getting old sucks. Guess I go on statins and stop eating like a cave man. I’m gonna miss bacon egg and cheese sandwiches.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
PeeTex wrote
Shit - just got a call from my Doc, had pretty high cholesterol on my last blood test. Did a cardiac calcium score, not good. Wife says no more Long trips in the BC. Getting old sucks. Guess I go on statins and stop eating like a cave man. I’m gonna miss bacon egg and cheese sandwiches.
holy crap..had the same conversation with my heart doc today..I have been on and off statins..they suck and make me feel like crap..but trying a new one, numbers weren't great..calcium score was a 12 though..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
JasonWx wrote
holy crap..had the same conversation with my heart doc today..I have been on and off statins..they suck and make me feel like crap..but trying a new one, numbers weren't great..calcium score was a 12 though..
your 10X - 15x better than me. It was a shock, first time I had high enough cholesterol to warrant statins and never had the CT scan but once we saw the score it was get on them NOW!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Cholesterol numbers don't tell the whole story..It's more about inflammation. Eliminating carbs and sugar from your diet.

Look up the benefits of vitamin K2, it helps in  de-calcification and inflammation.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 Life moves on : All those cardiac issues CAN be managed , take it from one who has been thru Open heart surgery 10'yrs ago and skied like a banshee 12 months later . I have been thru two A flutter hospitilazations .

Make the required changes and focus on what you CAN do rather than WASTING time mourning what no long make sense .

Hey ,  better living through chemistry and dietery and life style and ATTITUDE adjustment  is simply part of managing the journey . Keep exercising , stay positive , know what is important and what is noise .

Get busy : Life  is Whatever you make it   !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 34567