Grrrr. I've had better days.

66 messages Options
1234 ... 7
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Grrrr. I've had better days.

So it's only a car right? Well actually it was two cars.

Zelda, Neve I went to a pool that we joined. We took two cars, because I was going to leave early to get an MTB ride.  I headed out around 4 and I notice this guy has parked me in. MAN he parked close. Wait... he crashed in my car, and the car next to me, which unfortunately was Zeldas. Looks like it rolled down the hill.

No MTB for me. Back into the pool to figure out who the guy is.

The pool staff finds him and he and his wife come out.

I have to admit that it was not my finest hour.  Freakin thing is still in drive without parking brake engaged.

He sees my nyskiblog.com diecut on the CRV and asks me:

Him: "What is nyskiblog.com?"

Me: "It's a website."

Him: "Is it about skiing?"

Me: "Yes."

Him: "Is it a blog?"

Me: "Yes it's a blog about NY skiing."

Her: "Oh we ski at Park City and Deer Valley.  In the east we only ski at Stratton."

Him: "That's not true honey, this year we skied at Belleayre for $10."

Her: (mortified)

The guy was actually pretty cool. The wife on other hand...

She kept saying how I should be happy that no children were hurt.  You know what, deep down in my soul I was happy no children were hurt.  But I kept thinking... No YOU should be glad no children were hurt.

She just had no concept... you just trashed both my cars. Let me be mad for a few minutes.  Stop trying to talk me out of it.  I tuned a lot of it out. Zelda told me the full extent of her cluelessness later and it was mind blowing.

I don't know why, but writing this stuff down, helps me let it go.

If you have a bad day, and want to post it, this is the place.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Re: Grrrr. I've had better days.

That is definitely a Very Bad Day. Glad you kept your cool and I hope it all works out.

People like that should not have children.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Zelda Zelda
Reply |

Sick Bird Rider wrote
Glad you kept your cool...
LOL
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Zelda wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Glad you kept your cool...
LOL
Well, keeping one's cool can be a relative thing. Can we at least assume that no one came to blows?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

No pictures?

I hope you took some pictures for the insurance company. What a ridiculous story.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

x10003q wrote
No pictures? I hope you took some pictures for the insurance company. What a ridiculous story.
I was hoping to see some pics as well, Harvey.  How do you get out of a car...with automatic transmission and not have it in park?  Obviously, too much automation...like keyless ignitions, that I am assuming that Cadouche had, is not a good thing.  Back in the day, you couldn't get the key out of the ignitition if it wasn't in park.  
ScottySkis ScottySkis
Reply |

Sorry about that Harvey. I had my car totaled once it sucks.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Shoulda punched the sissy Flatton skier
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
x10003q wrote
No pictures? I hope you took some pictures for the insurance company. What a ridiculous story.
I was hoping to see some pics as well, Harvey.  How do you get out of a car...with automatic transmission and not have it in park?  Obviously, too much automation...like keyless ignitions, that I am assuming that Cadouche had, is not a good thing.  Back in the day, you couldn't get the key out of the ignitition if it wasn't in park.
totally agree..i wonder if that car even had shift.. keyless ignition and push button shifters are ridiculous..
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

It was a keyless ignition.

I was wondering how the thing wouldn't warn you that you were leaving it in drive. But when the guy opened the door it was really "binging" loud.  That wasn't enough to get the message across.

I also wondered why you wouldn't use the emergency brake when parked on a steep incline.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
1234 ... 7