Hey Campi

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hey Campi

tjf1967
People are complaining about a 15 year old kid that is getting according to some out of hand.  Actually going behind his back asking the moderhater to sanction him.  These are the same people that wound the little shit up in the first place.  

I've heard numerous times I don't add anything to the forum. Well not everyone is a contributor.  I come to gather information, believe it or not there is a decent amount of info that I am interested in that comes through this site.  Others love to post there information, to each there own.   I've been on here enough and met a few of you. I believe any that have met me can say it was a positive experience.  So hear is my 2 cent

The kid is 15.   What are you teaching him?  To run to the principle when you don't get your way?  Jesus a lot you are cool cats in here but there are a few that are just way to stuck on themselves.  If you don't like the kid ignore him he will go away.  You don't have to respond to every post.   Someone comes up with something and the next post is well when I I I I  its so predictable.  Then a dumb kid takes your lead and overshoots your invisible mark and its off to the principle.

Harv if you want to put and end to it post up the names of what people are PMing you.  They deserve it anyways, that a weasley move in the parts I am from.
Camp I used you in the post cause I could not think of a better subject.  Hope you enjoyed your day off
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hey Campi

PeeTex
My thoughts exactly.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Maybe you should share some of your drugs with him.

Don't think locking that other thread worked Harv.  Let the shit-show begin.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Who are you dude?  How many times have your skis hit the snow this year?  You do realize this is a ski forum right?  I think you are the Cliff Claven of Harvey road...and I bet I would say the same thing in real life.  The shit show starts?  How come whenever there is one you are in the middle?  Coincidence Cliff?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Coincidence Cliff - that is Larry off the charts!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I have to say I've been more taken back by the "adults" responses to sno than anything he's put up. A number of times I thought the responses were an Internet verison of daddy douche slugging the 15 year kid at mtn crick....

I for one am very impressed with the kids writing skills, commitment to skiing and thick Internet skin. Go Loco!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
TJ you are funny.  I never responded to you way back because I thought you were special.  Now I'm sure of it.

Just because I don't ski like you you're going to bully me and say I don't ski.  Every day I skied this year was on natural snow and not at resort, so go fuck yourself.  That's just how I choose to do it.

I also really don't take myself so seriously like you 'experts'... and I have no reason to put anything here that I do except that Harv asked me and I thought maybe I was helping him expand the spectrum of his forum a bit.  I actually like the guy and have some respect for him, unlike you seem to... otherwise you wouldn't have posted what you did.  So again, go fuck yourself.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
It doesn't bother me. Without a little nonsense internet forums are kind of boring imho.

I like Sno. He can be a bit goofy and isn't wise to the ways of the real world but so what? I know I wasn't at 15. I was dumber than shit! :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Maybe its cause I have two boys and about ten nephews, some older and some younger, and I actually remember what a dumbass I was pretty much from age 12 to 27, but Sno's stuff doesn't bother me either. Being a teenage boy is pretty much a declarative sentence. I dont read any meanness or hostility in his posts. Take it for what it's worth. Of course I'm still relatively new here...
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MikeK
It was your choice to post in this thread.  Then you say something totally negative and then cry wolf.  You drop F-bombs, make up stories, make threats all under the guise you like Harvey and are helping him?  GEEZ Cliffy you are a funny man,  What do you do for an encore tip old people over in there wheel chairs?
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
In reply to this post by Brownski
I think that ADK Jeff pays Sno to bump up the views and comments on his trip reports.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
I appreciate most of Sno's contributions to this site. He is very knowledgeable on many things related to skiing. I don't think any of us would agree on everything skiing related. Most of skiing likes and dislikes are opinions. He's young. He hasn't had to operate a business and mind P&L spread sheets. Someone somewhere along the way has had patience with us and mentored us. I don't think it is too much trouble to be respectful and be good examples to someone who is obviously bright and interested in learning. He lacks the experience that sometimes comes with age but he is willing to learn and I bet he has learned a lot here. He has come a long way since joining this thread and I would encourage him not to be discouraged by a few crotchety old farts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
 I dont read any meanness or hostility in his posts.
Bingo...I think people go after him because he is an easy target. Some people only shot at easy targets. Weak sauce IMO.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I like Sno, too.  Gotta respect his passion, contributions, and thick skin.  I know he rubs some the wrong way, so I've been guilty of trying to edumacate Sno on how he might better get his points across in a different way.  But to TJs point....who the fuck am I!?  Sorry.  Keep it coming Sno!  Live and learn.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
So you realize the guy who posted this called him a little shit, then proceeds to undermine the guy who actually owns this forum and keeps the lights on.  And then proceeds to say anyone who has an issue with someone, no matter what their age, for derailing subjects a bunch of weasels while the ones tried to ask him politely are the ones who got him all riled up.

Get over yourself TJ.  I never threatened you once on this thread - I never threatened you in any way except to say one of us is going to be banned, and I damn sure hope it happens.  I even emailed Harv and told he could ban me because I wasn't going to let it go.  I could, but I don't like you and you've made it real personal.  Go smoke your drugs behind your kids back and judge everyone else for how they raise theirs or how they fucked up, including mine, thank you very much.

How many times have you ever even talked to the owner of this forum?  I asked him, he said he skied beside you once but you didn't have any kind of conversation.  So if you have a problem why not ask him directly instead of starting another thread when he locked the one where he was honest about the situation he was dealing with and call him a moderhater.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Hey camper, u really are weak at fooze!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
So Harv. You took a few runs with me. Was it a positive experience? Cliffy makes it sound like you don't think it was. What say you?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
As I recall Mike asked me if I knew Camp and TJ. I said something to the effect that I'd never met Camp and skied with TJ one day, but we didn't talk too much, or something like that.

I'm a blogger, so you're going to get a story. Maybe a little stoke will help the forum right now.

I met TJ on an awesome slides day that I won't forget. (Actually I think awesome slides day is redundant, as I remember all my slides days, but I digress.:)

My original plan was to spend Friday night at our camp in North River and then drive to VT for some BC with skimore and his crew. I learned on the way up that those guys weren't going to make it, so I sent an email to AK, to see what he was thinking about the slides for Saturday.  He said that vis was going to be crappy up top, but they were thinking that they would open. No promises, but "come to my office" when you get here.

I was extremely pumped to be skiing with Aaron. I've met him a few times but never skied with him.  We connected with a decent size crew including Aaron, HPD, Scotty, TJ, Chris and Phast Phil.  We dropped into Slide 1 and Aaron absolutely ripped it, right down skier's left, flying over the frozen waterfall. To me it was astounding to see.  All those guys can rip, but Aaron is on another planet. I was the weakest skier in the group by a significant margin.

When we finished that first run, Aaron excused himself saying he had to get back to work.  HPD and the guys kind of looked at Aaron and said, in the most polite way possible, hey is this guy ok for a full day in the slides?  Aaron KNEW how bad I wanted to be in there and basically said "sure, but stay with him."

Aaron took off and those guys stayed with me, the whole day.  Not sure how many laps we got, but there is no question they could have done twice as many without me.  I struggled mightily that day, falling a bunch of times and they never gave up on me. While I did not ski my best, it was a day I'll never forget.

I had one solo lift ride with TJ and he seemed like a good guy to me. I can't even remember what we talked about.  IMO it's important to try to meet people in real life, it makes a difference.

So yea TJ it was a positive experience. FWIW I hope to meet Camp someday.

Thanks for indulging my story, was fun to recount and relive.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
The kid is 15.
Actually 17.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harv, you disappoint me.  Not only did you not turn that into something positive but you pretty much spit in my face.  Thanks for that, and I stuck up for you when someone directly undermined what you said.

Why don't you tell everyone what you tell me when you talk to me in private?  Seems like kind of dick move to put that up when someone basically says you are a nobody and you don't ski, and you ask them to put out stuff that they are doing.

Keep your skis man.  I'll find my own.  You guys aren't worth it.  IMO the only two guys worth anything on this forum aren't even NYers.

People like you are exactly why I don't ski at resorts.