classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How many use Liftopia? (POLL)

Harvey
Administrator
Would appreciate members taking the poll and sharing any experiences below.
When it comes to Liftopia...
This poll is closed.   
You cannot change your vote after voting.
This poll ended on .
You have to vote before you can see the results.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How many use Liftopia? (POLL)

campgottagopee
Never used it, but open to trying it...doubt I ever will tho
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by Harvey
  I have used Liftopia a lot early season, not often in the spring, lots of other deals.  never had a problem ,will use again.   If you plan on skiing no matter what the weather going to be its a great option.  
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Gunny J wrote
 If you plan on skiing no matter what the weather going to be its a great option.
I've used it five times, never a problem, but in addition to what Gunny J says, you also need to be sure that particular mountain is where you want to be on that particular day no matter what.

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
After selecting "What's Liftopia?" I went over there out and filtered for VT.  While they listed several nordic areas, they aren't offering deals on nordic trail passes.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Used it once in Colorado...would definitely use it again
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Used it a few times, may need to use it for whiteface if no gp discount this year
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Didn't use it directly but thru the Snow Ridge www site, that says it is powered by Liftopia.  I purchased tickets for my daughters.  It is an option that is better than paying full price, but still not always the best deal out there.
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

njadk
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Very true. They are offering $20 weekend lift tix to Plattekill early in the season, but I won't go for it because I don't know what the weather will be like that day. I'll usually use it the week before a weekend trip. The deals may not be as good closer to the date, but it's still a deal!
Reply | Threaded
|

gkny
Used it a lot, March, April mostly midweek day trips, typically purchased the night before skiing when weather can be well predicted. In 2011 March, April I bought $23.99 tickest for WFM couple of times, in 2012 didn't ski much in the Spring ..., this past Spring I also bought Killington tickets in April for $31. Liftopia's holiday "deals" were marginal or bad.I'll probably keep using Liftopia a lot for midweek day trips.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I have. One thing - be careful you are not buying a ski rental package at Beaver Creek, instead of lift tickets. It will avoid a whole lot of confusion at the customer service desk. But, Liftopia was more than kind to me for this screwup, and refunded my money with no bother.

If you want lift ticket prices to drop, use them. Your wallet is the best protester against high prices.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
   I've used them to ski Killington late season a couple times. Worked great, they scanned the bar code from an email sent from Liftopia right off my phone. I can't remember what I paid, but I do remember it being pretty cheap. I wouldn't hesitate using them again. It does look like you have to take a chance to get the best deals mid season, the earlier you buy, the bigger the discount.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Ive used liftopia for Plattekill, Killington and Gore mountains multiple times. Ive never had a problem they refunded early season tickets to platty without problem.(last season they didnt open as scheduled in December due to crapy weather)
Reply | Threaded
|

ashley.
I have used Liftopia quite a few times. The first time I used it to Platty, which included lunch, and not from the cafe but the awesome place upstairs. Got the most delicious brie loaf.

Totally awesome deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I didn't mean to set the time period for a month on the poll and also didn't intend to hide results.

Looks like everyone who voted and has used Liftopia would use it again.

It's a pretty small sample (35 votes) but this has got us thinking about becoming a Liftopia partner.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Seems like Liftopia is a good fit for the peeps of NYSB. Numbers to date:

NYSB is now an affiliate of Liftopia.

If you visit Liftopia via an ad or link you see on NYSB we get a small percentage (no extra cost to you).  We appreciate your support!

It's an experiment and also an attempt to help cover our annual costs which currently exceed revenue by a significant amount.  I may ask for input on other sites to include in the affiliate program.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote

It's an experiment and also an attempt to help cover our annual costs which currently exceed revenue by a significant amount.  I may ask for input on other sites to include in the affiliate program.

Thanks.

No worries, Harv.....it's the American way
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
Harvey wrote

Thanks.

No worries, Harv.....it's the American way
LOL so true. Scary true.

I guess the difference here is I ain't puttin it on plastic.
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
I use it often! I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to skiing and a typical Vermont ski trip for me includes a mix-match of Liftopia and mountains' promotions (i.e. Coke Wednesdays!)! Whichever seems to work best for that particular day..
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Harvey wrote
our annual costs which currently exceed revenue by a significant amount.
How can that be?  I can't even imagine that your costs could be seriously described as "significant" much less any deficit you're running.