classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
109 messages Options
1 ... 3456
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mad River Glen Conditions

sudsnbumps
Yesterday was Roll Back The Clock Day.  The lift ticket was $3.50, same as the year they opened 1948.  Despite good road conditions and a very large crowd, the skiing was excellent.  A year removed, this year was not a powder day but you could still find fresh fat guy powder right up until the last run.  I can only report on runs off the single chair but as long as you wait on line, you still have the slopes basically to yourself.  This year my daughter and I actually stayed on the trails for the most part.  The worst runs were lower liftline and Paradise.  Both were skiable but scraped down to what was left of the base.  Her favorite run was Lynx to Beaver.  We didn't see anyone either time we skied it and the snow was soft and coverage was excellent.  My pick was either Chute to Glade or Chute to Fall Line to Canyon.  Apparently everyone HAD to ski Paradise and it showed.  We moved to Fall Line and our final run at 3:15 found freshies (untouched set up snow from the few inches they got each of the previous couple of nights {Fat Guy Powder}).  We were hesitant to dive too deep into the woods since the base was iffy.  If you were first it was great if not eh.  Sorry no pictures but I hope to get back a few more times this winter.  As proud as I am to call Gore home...MRG is my favorite...There is no place in the East like it...Wildcat was close but still no Mad River Glen...My daughter's boyfriend wanted to come (some of you may have seen him in the netting at the bottom of Foxlair)...We told him  Mad River Glen Ski it WHEN you can
PS  The SKI THE EAST guys were there
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
Thanks for the report. I have never been to MRG. Working on my skills so I will be able to visit soon! It sounds sweet!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
Good on Saturday:

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm not fixing those pics. Too much of a pain in the ass. Just turn your head.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
How we re the crowds?  Hitting either MRG or the Snow Bowl on Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Looks great.

I fixed the smilin Ace for ya.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
10-12 minute wait at both good chairlifts. Walk on Birdland & that little one for the racers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Awesome, MC. I’m jealous of that snow
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
That does look like an awesome day
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
1 ... 3456