Reply |  

McCauley Conditions

Bosco DaSkia

Reply |  

Re: McCauley Conditions

Harvey
Admin
That looks like a sweet day.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

greyMoose
McCauley season pass holder here and I can't wait to get up there this weekend.  We skied last weekend and although the temps were a bit on the cold side, trail conditions were really good.  And it wasn't crowded at all.

Crazy Fridays are in play for McCauley today.  $12 for a lift ticket.
http://mccauleyny.com/rates.html

Wish I could have come up mid-week...looks awesome.

Reply |  

greyMoose
Powder everywhere...trees, mogul runs, everywhere.  Every run is a powder run.  McCauley got another 5 inches Sunday night and the conditions are fabulous.  The one tip I'll offer is to dress warm as it can get windy up top.

Snow falling when I got there and no lift lines
Snow falling when I got there and no lift lines

Looking down from the top of Decamp
Looking down from the top of Decamp

Sun poked out at the end of the day - looking up from Big Dipper
Sun poked out at the end of the day - looking up from Big Dipper

Reply |  

PeeTex
I really like McCauley, go there with the misses. I just wish it had another 500' of vertical.

Reply |  

greyMoose
After a disappointing trip to Gore last Sunday, it was a pleasant surprise to head back to McCauley and find conditions more like mid-winter than early spring.  No ice to be found and groomed trails were good and fast.  Glades are starting to show in some spots but still very ski-able.  Outside of Decamp being closed, the rest of the mountain is open and a great time skiing was had.

From the chalet, looking up at Olympic
From the chalet, looking up at Olympic

Getting psyched for our Olympic run
Getting psyched for our Olympic run

Looking down from the top of Olympic
Looking down from the top of Olympic

Reply |  

Chris
Radar and Webcam show snow at McCauley

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply |  

Kleetus
Unfortunately they lost almost all the snow from the storm last week. Hopefully they get some this week

Reply |  

greyMoose
Time to resurrect the McCauley Conditions thread, especially since the mountain is skiing so well.  My son and I went up  yesterday (Friday, Jan 6th, 2017) and conditions were powder and packed powder on all of the open runs and you just can't beat the $12 Crazy Friday lift ticket.  Skyride was my favorite run of the day with the glade trails a close second.  

Conditions were ripe for snow guns and they were going strong on Playmate, Sidewinder, Racer and Skyride.  But don't let the guns deter you, they're all part of building up the mountain for the upcoming events.

Sorry I don't have any more pictures but my new GoPro (from Xmas) crapped out after 37 seconds of video .  This picture is from the overlook at the top of the mountain.

McCauley overlook

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski