Millenials aren’t skiing enough?

173 messages Options
1234 ... 18
Brownski Brownski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Millenials aren’t skiing enough?

Saw this on FB. The thesis is basically that as baby boomers age out, millenials are not taking up the slack. Interesting article but I tend to agree with the commenters who point out that our sport has just gotten too expensive
http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/as-baby-boomers-leave-ski-slopes-millennials-are-failing-to-fill-in-the-gaps/
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Re: Millenials aren’t skiing enough?

It’s too expensive and the millennial generation doesn’t have money like the boomers. Oh well, everything has a life cycle.

I’ll be dead in 30 or 40 years or sooner, I can’t say I’m concerned really. If climate science is right we aren’t going to be too concerned with skiing anyways in the not so distant future.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
My kids and my friends kids are all in there 20's and ex high school racers..For the most part they don't ski anymore..

Cost aside , they have no interest in getting up early/freezing their ass off /dealing with crowds etc..
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

So you are saying they are soft!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
sig sig
Reply |

iv'e been dragging my kids to the mnt for 20 years. they just don't have the passion for the sport that I do. if they do ski with friends its on my dime.
millenials who do share our passion are most likely full of college debt and unable to afford it.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

I think they are soft, no doubt. I also don't feel skiing is all that expensive, it certainly can be if you have to have everything new. Problem is kids seem to expect everything new these days. I guess it depends on where you live but around here for 600 bucks you could easily ski the entire year. Pass included. Kids pay more than that for a wicked smart phone
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
So you are saying they are soft!
Yes...

And like Sig said, they ski on their parents dime..
"Peace and Love"
evantful evantful
Reply |

And Boomers and Gen Xer's are greedy yet financially inept generations that have stood over the the accumulation of 20 trillion dollars of national debt, making healthcare virtually unaffordable, created the largest economic downturn since the great depression. All the while thinking they "had it tough and everyone else is soft". My grandparents generation basically handed the Boomers the world, the United States at its peak, with every benefit, social service or otherwise, imaginable.

See how generalizations aren't exactly reasonable?

Maybe stop worrying so much about what Millennial's are, you guys aren't exactly god's great gift to the world.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

What's it like to be a Millenial?
evantful evantful
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
What's it like to be a Millenial?
Its like eating cookies... All the time.
1234 ... 18