Eli and Cruz can't do it themsleves

SJ, WTF!!!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OH (as in OMG) and 4

Face4Me
One word ... COACHING.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, Coughlin is not a great coach ... he's not the worst, but he's not great.

The bigger problem, and has been for years ... is Kevin KILLDRIVE. With the possible exception of Norv Turner, Gilbride has got to be about the worst offensive coordinator ever. It is mind-boggling to watch them week after week, year after year, trying to run plays that they are simply not capable of running ... yet, this guy does nothing whatsoever to adapt to the capabilities of his players.

He is bound and determined to throw deep as often as he can, regardless of the situation. His offensive line can't block, so rather than calling "three step drop" type passing plays, he puts Eli in the position of staying in the pocket for 4 - 8 seconds waiting for the pass patterns to develop. By then, the defensive line is all over him and he has no chance.

Watch New England and Denver ... How often do Tom Brady and Peyton Manning hold the ball for more than 3 seconds? Most of the passes they throw are anywhere from 0 - 7 yards, and that's it. Only rarely do they throw anything deep.

The defense is being blamed for giving up so many points, but how many times has the offense turned the ball over? I believe the Giants currently lead the league in "three and outs". The time of possession in three out of the four games they've played has been 65% opponents, 35% Giants. Granted the pass rush has been anemic, but I think they're getting a lot of blame for problems that are related to the offense and special teams.

The only good news if you're a true Giants fan, is that they'll hopefully continue to lose for the rest of the season, and then finally, MAYBE they will realize that they need to make a change.

Rant over!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
OL is old and tired.  Killdrive is terrible but I disagree w/ Face4Me.  Tom is assume!  Killdrive should go.  It's def more of an offensive issue related to line.

but I've been rippin on my most awesome mtn bike in the most beautiful place in the world the last month and have not seen much since the Cowgirls debacle....

WOOT!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
One word ... COACHING.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, Coughlin is not a great coach ... he's not the worst, but he's not great.

The bigger problem, and has been for years ... is Kevin KILLDRIVE. With the possible exception of Norv Turner, Gilbride has got to be about the worst offensive coordinator ever. It is mind-boggling to watch them week after week, year after year, trying to run plays that they are simply not capable of running ... yet, this guy does nothing whatsoever to adapt to the capabilities of his players.

He is bound and determined to throw deep as often as he can, regardless of the situation. His offensive line can't block, so rather than calling "three step drop" type passing plays, he puts Eli in the position of staying in the pocket for 4 - 8 seconds waiting for the pass patterns to develop. By then, the defensive line is all over him and he has no chance.

Watch New England and Denver ... How often do Tom Brady and Peyton Manning hold the ball for more than 3 seconds? Most of the passes they throw are anywhere from 0 - 7 yards, and that's it. Only rarely do they throw anything deep.

The defense is being blamed for giving up so many points, but how many times has the offense turned the ball over? I believe the Giants currently lead the league in "three and outs". The time of possession in three out of the four games they've played has been 65% opponents, 35% Giants. Granted the pass rush has been anemic, but I think they're getting a lot of blame for problems that are related to the offense and special teams.

The only good news if you're a true Giants fan, is that they'll hopefully continue to lose for the rest of the season, and then finally, MAYBE they will realize that they need to make a change.

Rant over!
WOW. That's some analysis.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This season has to be killing Face4me

I don't think the coaching staff will survive the whole season at this rate.  My guess is they get axed after the Thursday game in Chicago.  I doubt they make it to the bye week

Unfortunately the giants do not play Jacksonville this year
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Coach Z wrote
Nope ... I had already written them off at the end of last season.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote
Coach Z wrote
Nope ... I had already written them off at the end of last season.

LMAO...me too

you could see the writing on the wall then. Not siging OC was a big mistake too, imo.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
10-6 baby!  10 and 6!!!!  Divison champs 4sure!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
ScottyJack wrote
Not sure if you are drinking the cool aide or the hooch
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Love the optimism, but unless KILLDRIVE is replaced, they're doomed.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
9 and 7 worked once
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
9 and 7 worked once
You think they're going to be 9 and 7?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote
campgottagopee wrote
9 and 7 worked once
You think they're going to be 9 and 7?

That was damn funny

No. I don't think they'll be 9 and 7

Harv will need to maintain the title of this thread----next week he'll need to change it to OH (as in OMG) and 5---sad very sad
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
c'mon they got to beat the birds. tired of listening to how the eagles 'll be tied for 1st in the div if the they win and cowboys lose...
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
gorgonzola wrote
c'mon they got to beat the birds. tired of listening to how the eagles 'll be tied for 1st in the div if the they win and cowboys lose...

What the hell happened to that division?  Even the AFC East and North are  better.  Is the NFC East the worst division in football?  Weird.

BTW, Skol Vikings!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
gorgonzola wrote

What the hell happened to that division?  Even the AFC East and North are  better.  Is the NFC East the worst division in football?  Weird.

BTW, Skol Vikings!!!!!
That's a big 10-4 there good buddy....the division is a combined 4-12...how friggin strange is that
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
8-8 record will probably win the division
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Noah John wrote
That's a big 10-4 there good buddy....the division is a combined 4-12...how friggin strange is that
Back to the days of the "NFL Least"!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
after my Bears beat the G-men on Thursday Face will get your wish for a new coach

Oh the humanity starting 0-6
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Anyone want to talk about what great coaches Coughlin and KILLDRIVE are?

Your opponent has a 4th and 2, and is probably going to punt, but there's a penalty so you decide to give them another chance at converting the first down, which they proceed to do.

Regardless of the FACT that the refs blew the call, you call timeout and then challenge, thereby burning two timeouts. If you're going to challenge ... challenge. You don't call timeout first to decide. That's just pathetic.

The two touchdown drives were engineering primarily on SHORT pass plays (Randle's 26 yard touchdown was a 7 yard pass with a 19 yard run after the catch). So what do you do next ... you go right back to throwing the ball deep downfield. Hey, this short passing thing has been working pretty well, so let's not stick with it. What a douche. When the Eagles went up by 8, with plenty of time remaining, on their next possession, the Giants first three plays were 15 yard pass ... incomplete, 18 yard pass ... incomplete, 40 yard pass ... intercepted. That was some brilliant play calling right there.

Eli's interceptions in the fourth quarter all occurred on plays where the play clock was running out and they had to scramble to get the snap off because ... oh yeah ... they had no timeouts left. Why can't this coach seem to get plays called with enough time to get to the line and give the QB time to assess the defense ... because KILLDRIVE is an idiot who doesn't have a clue what to do.

At 0 - 5, there is absolutely no reason to keep Coughlin and poop for brains (KILLDRIVE) around.

The team is horrible and it's time to find out which players you're going to move forward with for the future and who you're going to get rid of.

Coughlin and KILLDRIVE are a couple of old-school coaches whose time has past. The smartest thing the Giants could do right now is to fire them both, and promote the Giants running backs coach to head coach for the rest of the season.

Then, pay Bill Cowher whatever it takes to return to coaching.