classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

On The Eve of the Inauguration ...

Face4Me
"A Scout is Trustworthy.
A Scout tells the truth. He is honest, and he keeps his promises. People can depend on him.

A Scout is Loyal.
A Scout is true to his family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and nation.

A Scout is Helpful.
A Scout cares about other people. He willingly volunteers to help others without expecting payment or reward.

A Scout is Friendly.
A Scout is a friend to all. He is a brother to other Scouts. He offers his friendship to people of all races and nations, and respects them even if their beliefs and customs are different from his own.

A Scout is Courteous.
A Scout is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. He knows that using good manners makes it easier for people to get along.

A Scout is Kind.
A Scout knows there is strength in being gentle. He treats others as he wants to be treated. Without good reason, he does not harm or kill any living thing.

A Scout is Obedient.
A Scout follows the rules of his family, school, and troop. He obeys the laws of his community and country. If he thinks these rules and laws are unfair, he tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobeying them.

A Scout is Cheerful.
A Scout looks for the bright side of life. He cheerfully does tasks that come his way. He tries to make others happy.

A Scout is Thrifty.
A Scout works to pay his own way and to help others. He saves for the future. He protects and conserves natural resources. He carefully uses time and property.

A Scout is Brave.
A Scout can face danger although he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh at him or threaten him.

A Scout is Clean.
A Scout keeps his body and mind fit and clean. He chooses the company of those who live by high standards. He helps keep his home and community clean.

A Scout is Reverent.
A Scout is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties. He respects the beliefs of others."

Here's hoping that in four years, we can hold ALL of our Presidential candidates to the same standards we expect of a Boy Scout.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: On The Eve of the Inauguration ...

campgottagopee
A_FUCKING_MEN
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Too much effort and sincerity for me to bust on you about this.....although the a-hole in me wants to.  Well done.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
FACE : excellant credo , ...we shall see 😒
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
Too much effort and sincerity for me to bust on you about this.....although the a-hole in me wants to.  Well done.

The "effort" was copy & paste, but the sincerity is there!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL

This Cooper guy is funny
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Face4Me
So you are absolutely in favor of Rex Tillerson, I know I am.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The young kid who is my sidekick at work, is a bit of a "shake it up at a costs" type. Probably voted for Trumpy, but I don't know.

Made us all laugh today with this:

"I guess we're going to find out if really matters who is president."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Oh, I think we are already seeing the change. I have been turning away work for the last 2 weeks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
So you are absolutely in favor of Rex Tillerson, I know I am.
Not relevant to my original post.

Try this ...

Apply a 10-point scale, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, to each of the 12 attributes described in my original post and then rate both Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump on each of those attributes, based on your perception of them, and the description of each attribute.

Do the same for Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, John McCain, John Kerry, George W. Bush, Al Gore, Bob Dole, Bill Clinton, George H. Bush, etc. See how you score them.

If you really want to go crazy, add in all the candidates who ran in Presidential primaries.

When I did that, I found both Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton's scores at the bottom of my list, FAR behind the next lowest score.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I just saw a commercial encouraging me to call my senators and encourage them to vote to approve Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.  Didn't see who paid for it.

Interesting to see Sessions described as a "champion of civil rights."
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Harvey wrote
I just saw a commercial encouraging me to call my senators and encourage them to vote to approve Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.  Didn't see who paid for it.

He was involved in a case were 2 Klansmen were convicted and executed. Not completely overseeing like some rightness will claim, but he did show up to the execution.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Who paid for the ad ? Is Bannon involved ??
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Harvey wrote

He was involved in a case were 2 Klansmen were convicted and executed. Not completely overseeing like some rightness will claim, but he did show up to the execution.
Here is a more detailed look at Sessions "involvement" in the Klan case:
Link

From the article:

Today Jeff Sessions claims credit for prosecuting a lynching by the Ku Klux Klan as proof that he is not a racist, but an attorney working for him claimed 30 years ago his boss wanted to drop the case.

Confirmation hearings will begin Tuesday for Donald Trump’s attorney general nominee, and they’re sure to include questions that were raised when he was nominated for a federal judgeship in 1986. His confirmation was derailed largely by the testimony of Thomas Figures, an assistant U.S. attorney in Alabama when Sessions was U.S. attorney.

Figures's claims that Sessions made racist remarks have resurfaced recently, but overlooked is a more serious allegation that Sessions sought to go soft on investigating the lynching of a black man by two Klansmen.

Sessions and his supporters, then as now, defend his civil rights record based on several cases to which Figures was also assigned, including the conviction of Henry Hays for the 1981 murder by lynching of Michael Donald.

“When I became a U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, I, along with Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Figures and the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, worked to solve the [Donald] murder,” Sessions wrote in his response to the Judiciary Committee questionnaire for his AG nomination. “Because the federal government did not have an enforceable death penalty at the time, I insisted that Hays be prosecuted by the local district attorney.”

Sessions was questioned about the prosecution in 1986, days before Figures spoke to the committee, and told Senator Howell Heflin that he did not obstruct the investigation.

Figures said Sessions’s answer was “literally correct,” however, “in the early stages of the case, Mr. Sessions did attempt to persuade me to discontinue pursuit of the case,” calling it a waste of time and saying that “if the perpetrators were found, I would not be assigned to the case,” Figures testified.

“All of these statements were well calculated to induce me to drop the case,” Figures said, “on the other hand, none of them amounted to a direct order to drop the case.”

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

Yes - much like LBJ was a "champion of civil rights" when he blocked every single piece of civil rights legislation when he was Senate Majority Leader. When Hillary defends rapists and then laughs and brags about it - it's OK because she was just "doing her job". Your voice questioning her sincerity on women's rights was no mute. You have no credibility here.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by x10003q
Thanks for the citation , hopefully it sinks the little bigot
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by PeeTex
I don't know enought about LBJ to defend him.

I haven't defended Hillary. I think she'd be a less dangerous prez than Trump, maybe.  She's another politician, I don't think she cares about much beyond being president.

You're evaluations of credibility...  I'm not asking anyone to believe me, just giving my opinion.

My original point was that I'd never seen a commercial promoting cabinet picks and wondered who paid for it. Also re Sessions, I never heard him described as a champion of civil rights even by his supporters. Seemed odd to me.

Do you think he'll be a good AG?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
Do you think he'll be a good AG?
I have no idea, just like Trump, it remains to be seen.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Take a chill pill, your hate will make you blow a gasket.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
PeeTex wrote
warp daddy wrote
Take a chill pill, your hate will make you blow a gasket.
Take your own advice as you continue to lie about Clinton defending rapists and laughing about it.

1. Clinton has only defended one person accused of rape
2. Clinton was forced by Judge Maupin Cummings to take a case she did not want to take
3. The laughter was in reference to various procedural aspects of the case that were discussed in an interview after the case

You might want to learn about the facts of the case with documentation from the link and stay off the fake news sites you seem to read.

Link