Plattekill Conditions (2016 - 2017)

324 messages Options
1234 ... 33
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Plattekill Conditions (2016 - 2017)

If anyone has good hi res pictures of tree skiing at Plattekill or the Plattekill woods, they are willing to share, PM me.

Thanks.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Re: Plattekill Conditions

The foliage was spectacular. The crowd for Plattepalooza today was yooouge. Big bike race tomorrow so lots of riders were out practicing along with a really nice sized crowd for the fall festival.  Seemed like a good time was had by all.

Can't wait for the flakes to fly!!!!!

Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Here's a couple extra pics from the plattekill work day.

Thehof Thehof
Reply |

Great day. Was sore Sunday. Nice group as usual. I even met three people who never ever skied here. They came to check it out and help. Maybe Saturday some white stuff will fall.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Yeah, that surprised me too. I didn't expect the work day to be a marketing tool but it seems like it had that effect. It was cool participating. Good to meet you again Hoff, and to meet Scottski and everybody else. I was sore too. I asked junior how he was doing around 3 or 4 on Sunday. He was like, "I'm okay. When I got out of bed my legs weren't working but I can stand up and walk now."
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Brownski wrote
I didn't expect the work day to be a marketing tool but it seems like it had that effect.
My work here is done.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

The learning center looks possible for this weekend. Will post any further updates, when I get it.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Snow in the forecast. Plattekill is on!
ml242 ml242
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
"I'm okay. When I got out of bed my legs weren't working but I can stand up and walk now."
YES
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Counting down for 1st lift serviced turns of the ski season:

4 days out now!!!   WooooHooooo!!!!  

Anyone else going to be up making some turns to open the mountain on Saturday?
1234 ... 33