Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
51 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

campgottagopee
Watched the movie Led Zeppellin: The Song Reamins the Same last night. All I can say is there was some really good drugs back in the early 70's...wowzers, that show was really far out
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
  Camper  U R Right on target --------First thing the Jr Varsity Queen ( my daughter ) says to me __ "Dad bring ear plugs"   . Last live one i was at was BS& T -- OMG was it THAT looooooong ago !!!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
I like Rush well enough.  Older Yes (when Howe was still on guitar) were great.  My favorites are King Crimson.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Peter Minde wrote
...when Howe was still on guitar...

King Crimson:  "I LIKE IT!"

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Harvey44 wrote
King Crimson:  "I LIKE IT!"

Elephant Talk
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I still get together with a guitar player friend and we play side 1 from start to end just like in high school..
Even though I don't aspire to have a giant drumset any more - it's still fun to play..

We're talking about playing side 1 this summer at a party but we need a bass player that knows it like we do..

Such a great piece of music...   The whole album is killer...
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
STOKED Camp ya inspired me  ------------ tonite Me and the Queen and My daughter and her family including my drum Monkey grandson  booked our tix to see RUSH at Manchester NH on 9/7/12 --- Yee haaa
You are, no doubt, the coolest University Administrator out there, WARP!!  :).

And....CAMP...

campgottagopee wrote
As a kid growing up inthe 70's and 80's I was totally into Rush. To me they are the best 3 piece rock band to ever hit the stage, no other 3 piece band can make the sound these guys do.
....I'd like to nominate the Jimi Hendrix Experience...as a really BIG sounding 3 piece band.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Marcski wrote

And....CAMP...

campgottagopee wrote
As a kid growing up inthe 70's and 80's I was totally into Rush. To me they are the best 3 piece rock band to ever hit the stage, no other 3 piece band can make the sound these guys do.
....I'd like to nominate the Jimi Hendrix Experience...as a really BIG sounding 3 piece band.
There's no doubt....i think he was just a bit to far out there for me to relate to
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
dmc_hunter wrote
I still get together with a guitar player friend and we play side 1 from start to end just like in high school..
Even though I don't aspire to have a giant drumset any more - it's still fun to play..

We're talking about playing side 1 this summer at a party but we need a bass player that knows it like we do..

Such a great piece of music...   The whole album is killer...
My kinda party
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanx Marc  ur a pretty kewl dude too .

I just freaking love life and going to this event will be a super treat for me . As a half-assed guitarist  I love Rush's stuff and my kids ( your age ) were HUGE RUSH FANS .

But my overridding joy will be WATCHING 'the 15 y/o  "Drum Monkey " go  NUTZ @ the concert  , We STILL haven't told him yet that we're all going.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
All the world's indeed a stage!

I'd been getting desperate for some Netflix material, then I discovered Classic Albums.  Rush 2112 & Moving Pictures was the first edition I watched.  Great series that breaks down not only the album and the music, but how the band conveived and brought forth the tracks and sounds, and also discusses the impact those albums had on the band.  Good watch.

I'll have to watch Beyond the Lighted Stage.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
.......and where does Mark Knopfler come in on the guitarist list?  He should be up there, great guitarist.  Dire Straits IS one of those bands that still has the cool retro old sound.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
STOKED Camp ya inspired me  ------------ tonite Me and the Queen and My daughter and her family including my drum Monkey grandson  booked our tix to see RUSH at Manchester NH on 9/7/12 --- Yee haaa

You ready to ROCK Warp!!!!! I know you are...enjoy pal
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Played a party in the ADKs recently...
Me and some friends played side 1 of 2112 - went over BIG!
Encored with Limelight

Must admit - it was tough playing it on my stripped down drumset..  But the essence was there..
Looking to do it again next summer...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Friggin bummed I missed that party....must have been a real doooooozy
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
What "party"?  Pondfest?
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yo Campster I,m sittin here tonite outside of Boston we ARE major league STOKED !!!! Tomorrow nite we all head out to tHe RUSH feat up in Manchester . The Queen me the drum monkeying my daughter . It will be brain bleedin RAWK    yee aha , gotta get my Rush Star Man shirt and  dew rag  and   "Getty glasses". On

I.ll be bringing my  old lighter tooo.  LMAO  

Thanks for askin dude ,, BTW login the OB LTD  got 33.9 mpg on the trip down today , stopped at Sugarbush and MRG as a side trip too
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yo Campster I,m sittin here tonite outside of Boston we ARE major league STOKED !!!! Tomorrow nite we all head out to tHe RUSH feat up in Manchester . The Queen ,me , the drum monkey and my daughter
It will be brain bleedin RAWK    yee aha , gotta get my Rush Star Man shirt and  dew rag  and   "Getty glasses". y

Thanks for askin dude ,, BTW lovin the OB LTD  got 33.9 mpg on the trip down today , stopped at Sugarbush and MRG as a side trip too
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
Yo Campster I,m sittin here tonite outside of Boston we ARE major league STOKED !!!! Tomorrow nite we all head out to tHe RUSH feat up in Manchester . The Queen me the drum monkeying my daughter . It will be brain bleedin RAWK    yee aha , gotta get my Rush Star Man shirt and  dew rag  and   "Getty glasses". On

Thanks for askin dude ,, BTW login the OB LTD  got 33.9 mpg on the trip down today , stopped at Sugarbush and MRG as a side trip too
Not sure about the rest of you peeps, but I WANT TO PARTY WITH WARP!!!!!

Enjoy!!!! what a cool experience for your grandson......what did you do this summer Billy???? ..... went to a RUSH concert with Gramps----that's cool

Glad you're diggin the OB....almost 34 MPG and AWD---what a concept
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Dude !!!!!    Good on ya .........Temples of Syrinx rawks hard and requires some serious bangin on da bongos , glad u guys tricked it out. ;  ).  Got vid???

I,m doin a Rush tutorial this am for da Queen with some Rush 30 vid to get her ready for the gig. 2nite. . Stoked