classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
51 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

warp daddy
Camp : Uda man  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
It will be brain bleedin RAWK    yee aha , gotta get my Rush Star Man shirt and  dew rag  and   "Getty glasses". y

I.ll be bringing my  old lighter tooo.  LMAO  
that's awesome warp d, keep on rockin in the free world!
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
warp daddy wrote
Dude !!!!!    Good on ya .........Temples of Syrinx rawks hard and requires some serious bangin on da bongos , glad u guys tricked it out. ;  ).  Got vid???

I,m doin a Rush tutorial this am for da Queen with some Rush 30 vid to get her ready for the gig. 2nite. . Stoked
No vids or recordings...  Only the moment.. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
A few months ago I finished the last of Neil's books.
If your a Rush fan , these are great..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
This is my TR on the Rush concert |

freakin awesome !!!! Damn Getty lee has not one bit of voice timbre , power or energy. life son was a virtuoso and Peart like one would expect was otherworldly in both his presentation , complexity and stamina . The dude is from another dimension.

OK now that I got that said he goes , 3 freaking hrs , no warm up band , one 15 minute break , fantastic lightshowand graphics and pyros BUT a new twist in the second set , a real first time thing for rush .

More about it later , they as one would expect presented the NEW CD/album for the most part and the complexity and duration and mix of effects was Rushian to say the least. The venue was super , great sound and no visual obstructions so the SOUND came thru in WAVES it was great . the new stuff obviously has a few obviously "commercial release  " quality songs and riffs , the balance of the stuff will take some time to HEAR . in other words we listened to those BUT really won't hear it till we are more familiar with the STORYLINE that typically is behind most of Rush's stuff. It is complex and an auditory cornucopia that no doubt will be great once folks GET it .

Then the new surprise they are backed by a 10to 12 person string ensemble  we,re talkin CEllos , violas and violins that accompany them in a super effective presentation highly AMPED in several new cuts   Then THEY REPRISED into the KNOWN stuff from the past and , place went APESHIT !!!!!! OMG never saw so freakin many aged Air Drummers and Headbangers , it was a HOOT ,
. The Drum monkey went nuts and me his mom and the Queen were boppin right along   RAWK on and the experience was a  fantastic nite .
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Can't type for crap on this iPad , what I meant to say was Geddy Lees voice has NOT lost its range , pitch or quality , dude is ageless
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice job Warp, thanks for the TR.

Sounds like ya'll had a major blast!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
warp daddy wrote
Can't type for crap on this iPad , what I meant to say was Geddy Lees voice has NOT lost its range , pitch or quality , dude is ageless
thats what I thought...  I saw them a couple summers ago at SPAC but before that the last time was like 1982...
And i was shocked at how much they seem the same as far as range, playing, etc....

One thing about that show was - I remembered just how GREAT Alex Lifeson is... holy crap that little guy can play...
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I wonder if the Duck Dynasty red necks dig Rush.....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Just got home from Boston and Bolton Landing and  just saw this  

Scooty J. :    HELL  yeah they do !! I saw uncle SI there   ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HA!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it Scotty