Saratoga restaurant suggestions

classic Classic
23 messages Options
Z
Reply |  

Saratoga restaurant suggestions

Z
Hosting a sales meeting in the Albany area and doing an afternoon at the track as our social event followed by dinner in Saratoga downtown

any suggestions for restaurants downtown?

I was thinking of hiring a car to get us to Saratoga to avoid the parking hassle and expense with multiple cars.  Is Uber operating in Albany / Saratoga area currently?

how hard is it to get a taxi or uber when the races let out of should we leave before the final race if we are going to do that?

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

Re: Saratoga restaurant suggestions

ScottyJack
http://hattiesrestaurant.com

Hatties is da bomb! On Phila Street in a cool section of downtown.  New Oreleans vibe. Outside seating with roof.

15 Church is the wow factor joint. Pricey, hard to get into and fancy.  My beautiful wife says this be the one for the sophisticate dinner type  

Steak House - Salt and Char on Broadway.  

Car service during track season be slick way to roll. It's a scene on weekends and during travers week.  Pretty  much all season but especially on weekends

How much do u want to spend? Are u looking for pub food, foodie joint or fancy đź‘–

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

ScottyJack
Leaving track mob scene can be quite the ordeal.

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Z
Reply |  

Z
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
In past saratoga was woodstove worthy but Harv moved this thread

To me best lunch food is Hattie's at track so probably not for din din as well

A bunch of sales guys so upscale pub food or steaks.  Beer is a plus of course.

It's a Wednesday we are planning this for so how hard to get a cab to downtown from track?

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
The Local or Druther's always seem like good bets for the type of crowd you're talking about.

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
The Wishing Well is good, too, but a bit too far outside town, probably.

Reply |  

HGTVfan
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
It's a Wednesday we are planning this for so how hard to get a cab to downtown from track?
It's only a mile walk from the track down Union to Broadway. Just sayin.

Reply |  

Chris
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
15 Church is a great bet, my wife and I just ate there a couple of weeks ago and had a really great night.  We chose to eat out on the covered patio (get a reservation).  The outdoor "Patio menu" which is a bit more relaxed than what's offered inside.  We each had a couple of cocktails, an app and fantastic meals for under $100 which I think is acceptable for the quality of what's offered.

With a handful of sales guys there will be plenty to look at as well.

A Wednesday should be no issue getting out of the track.  If you wanted to walk someplace when track lets out you could always hit the Brook Tavern which has great food just no (or very limited) outdoor seating.

You really wont be able to go wrong

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply |  

Milo Maltbie
Wishing Well is great but it's out of town and it's more like a place I would take my mom.
Uber is only starting up this week, so it's hard to say how it will work at the track this year.  I'm guessing there will be plenty of Uber but they will have a hard time figuring out all the congestion around the track.  If you have the budget, get a limo for the day. And bring a couple of tiny guys and dress them up in nice suits. People will think they are jockeys, which are babe magnets in Toga.

mm

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
In past saratoga was woodstove worthy but Harv moved this thread
It wouldn't be the NYSB Forums without Coach and I battling on the definition of Off Topic.

For the Woodstove, I ask myself the question:

Is it about: Skiing, Riding, Snow and/or The Mountains?

...as listed in at the top of the forum.

Where to take a medical device sales team for dinner in Saratoga feels off topic to me.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski