12345678 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tales from the Hinterland: 2014/2015 edition

Snowballs
Banned User
Telemark Dave wrote
Not much snow your way either, Snowballs?????
Wait,,,, let me catch my breath. Whew....No, not muff,,,,, I mean munch.... Twat am I saying !,,,, Hardly any snatch left,,,, guess all I'm getting will be blown.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Like Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part...
No more waiting.  FKNA!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Looks like r**n and it shows an old indian portage/shortcut.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Puking right now, 8" on the ground since 4 PM.  Going to be a great start to 2015...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...and here is the result.. Nice!  
(More forecast for today.  NJ's
"Fake effect"... )
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Looks like you  have enough snow for one of these:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Maybe that bike could have pulled our the Snowbaru up our driveway yesterday. It sure is a great car for winter driving but kind of sucks as a snowplow:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Had I been a bit more kind hearted instead of self absorbed in pursuit of freshies I would have at least tried clear some of your driveway... You should pick non skiing friends to check on your cat...

Though I got my justly deserved cuff on the head .. All the snow was on your road and not on Secret Hill.  Lots of peetex will be required to fix up my Chargers...ouch.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Luckily Bonk Hill was somewhat snowier...
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...and today I visited Pipeline.  Went from a few seconds of freezing drizzle, to ice pellets and finally back to snow.  To document the occaision I submit the ubiquitous pic of me and my trusty Voile Charger BC's leaning against the trailhead gate.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Sacre' Bleu ! What odd place names.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Snowballs wrote
Sacre' Bleu ! What odd place names.
Why, thank you. We made up all of them.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I figured that. Now toss TD a croissant for clearing out your driveway or might he prefer crumpets ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Snowballs wrote
I figured that. Now toss TD a croissant for clearing out your driveway or might he prefer crumpets ?
Neither, Snowballs.  I did not clear SBR's drive, I simply parked out on the road and skied in.  I did do a safety check of his avalanche prone metal roof on his house..and ascertaining all was good I went in and fed his whacked out cat.  Then I went skiing.  So I deserve neither croissant nor crumpet.
(I'm more of a croissant person, but crumpets are ok too. Montreal style bagels... Now were talking... )
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
After 3 days of continuous snowfall, SBR and I visited our favorite stash.  Although it had been skied and boarded by other locals yesterday, the frigid arctic like wind and 6" of fresh had filled in their tracks.. mostly.
Here's SBR on the skin up, revelling in the great traction of his new BD Ascension skins, and the weather proofness of his new BD hybrid shell.  I'll let him go into some nit-picky details of said gear.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...and here he is on the down part.  
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Doesn't look too crowded.......
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
x10003q wrote
Doesn't look too crowded.......
Two's company, three's a crowd ... Funny, we've been inviting people and sharing it's location freely for years, then yesterday when another couple locals (who we know) beat us to first tracks and posted their spoils on FB, we got all bothered... (Mostly me, being overprotective of the skin track... )
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Does shrubbery qualify as tree skiing? Neee!

TD on the horizon line this afternoon:

More to come but I am feeling a bit lazy tonight.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Well, the long drive to Plattekill was a bit daunting but we went skiing anyways. Cheers, Harv!

The snow-depth-o-meter is showing that conditions are pretty primo right now:

There is the up and the down. The howling wind does not show up so well in the picture:

It was slow motion skiing today - deep and cold snow:

We were pretty frozen after our outing at the Pipeline, so returned to the SBRHQ base lodge for tea and snacks. TD ate some seaweed and survived to ski another run on Bonk Hill:

Currently snowing again, tracks are filling in. Black Diamond softshell jacket and skin review to come later.
12345678 ... 11