Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

62 messages Options
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

Effin eh.  BTW, that list seems pretty lacking in Québécois cultural jargon..  
Cinquante:  beer.
Pepsi: Pepsi
DuMaurier: cigarettes
Merde: poop
Danseuse : stripper.
There's lots more that SBR prolly knows as he is from The West Island.  
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Telemark Dave wrote
Effin eh.  BTW, that list seems pretty lacking in Québécois cultural jargon..  
Cinquante:  beer.
Pepsi: Pepsi
DuMaurier: cigarettes
Merde: poop
Danseuse : stripper.
There's lots more that SBR prolly knows as he is from The West Island.
Well, Cinquante is a particular flavour of beer (Labatt's 50). Hmm, I will have dig back in the memory bank for more Quebec-focused Hinterlandanisms. One of my faves is "hotdog" which translates to "hot dog" instead of the "French from France" version, which is "chien chaud." Of course, if you want to get technical, there is the awesome "hotdog steamé" which is you can get just across the border from New York. Puis des frites.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Some real snow at last. Telemark Dave was talking about poaching some fast grass this morning, not sure if he did. I think I'll wait till it gets legalized next year.

Didn't ski but I fire up the orange monster and tackled the driveway for the first time this season:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Nice snow toy SBR !!
Reply |

Nada fast grass today.. Must be getting old and jaded.. But mostly lacking any gumption.. BTW, if you look very carefully, there's a sticker on SBR's Kubota.. It's red and white, and says "Drive it if you can".  
riverc0il riverc0il
Reply |

I have nothing to add but I just wanted to check in and say that Tales from the Hinterland is one of my favorite threads here on NYSB. Keep it coming.

Reply |

riverc0il wrote
I have nothing to add but I just wanted to check in and say that Tales from the Hinterland is one of my favorite threads here on NYSB. Keep it coming.
Thanks rivercOil..  Kind words!
Reply |

Telemark Dave wrote
riverc0il wrote
Thanks rivercOil..  Kind words!
Agreed and thanks, rivercOil.

Sometimes life in the Hinterlands is a bit trying but after calling the tow truck, I was able to call on TD to give me and the dog a lift home. Thanks, bro. Just a busted belt but the car doesn't go far with no power steering or electrical power.

Reply |

The view of my front yard and drive this AM..  When we still had a smidgen of snow..  The forecast for the next week or two is grim...  
Reply |

Telemark Dave wrote
  The forecast for the next week or two is grim...  
Quite grim, really. Maybe you should have bought a used fat bike instead of those fancy new fat skis. Same store, different floor.