1234 ... 7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
Well, I got first chair this morning:

May have to move it a bit before the lake effect piles up. Not the best angle. Anyways, it finally felt like winter up here, -14 C (7 F), sketchy driving last night and snow that has stuck around for more than a few hours.

The guns at Hidden Bump even got fired up today. We're liking the new guy (not my picture):

This thread is becoming quite the tradition, and I hope you all don't mind indulging us for another winter. If you are new to NYSB, this story has been going for a while. Here is your opportunity to catch up:

2010/11: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-an-ongoing-saga
2011/12: lost for a few years, this season was recently rediscovered: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-winter-of-2011-2012
And, if I may, call your attention to a few separate and fun TRs from that season:
the Dog Day Ski Adventure
The Tour de Valley
and, SBR Has an Epiphany
2012/13: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2012-13-edition
Special TR from March 2013: A Dream Comes True, Sort Of.
2013/14: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2013-2014-edition
2014/15: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2014-2015-edition

2015/16: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2015-2016-edition
2016/17: Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2016-2017-edition
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

Telemark Dave
http://nyskiblog.com/forums/#nabble-td4115146

11/12 was hidden in the Woodstove. ..  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Ask Harv, he put it there, as I recall.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
I will rejoin him with his brothers in the TR forum when Zelda and I get home.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Maybe you thought we were cold Harv!   
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
http://nyskiblog.com/forums/#nabble-td4115146

11/12 was hidden in the Woodstove. ..
Excellent sleuthing, TD, I have edited the OP to reflect this discovery.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harv, no need to move it, it is all linked up. But if you do, let me know and I will update the referral link in the OP.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I moved it.  There are many things that stink about Nabble but one good thing is that it doesn't matter if you move a post the URL doesn't change.

I know I am a bit rigid about TR rules. OK maybe more than a bit. While TFTH doesn't fit the format of a TR and does make sense in the Woodstove, ultimately I decided that a good moderator should do everything he/she can to encourage great content, promoting signal and discouraging noise.

The format thing in the TR forum is really to encourage quality and discourage BS. TFTH is awesome. I retain the right to move other stuff out of the TR forum for any reason, including format.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Hinterlandian programming.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Well shut the front door! It's officially official!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Thanks for the links to the past threads!  Only started reading NYSkiBlog a few years ago so missed out on those.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
marznc wrote
Thanks for the links to the past threads!  Only started reading NYSkiBlog a few years ago so missed out on those.
Welcome aboard! Hope you you enjoy this winter's escapades.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. ..  I for one cannot wait to go out on some escapades.. Even the ones where things get effed up big time..  👍👍👍😎😎😎
Reply | Threaded
|

Chuuurles
sorry to be missing bush clearing season. really enjoyed it last fall. offshore on a ship until around dec 23rd

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Chuuurles wrote
sorry to be missing bush clearing season. really enjoyed it last fall. offshore on a ship until around dec 23rd
We're being a bit lazy this year, you are not missing much.

Cool image - What is the name of the ship you are on? I'll track it down on marinetraffic.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sick Bird Rider wrote

Cool image .
What is it? I can't figure it out.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
It looks like a submersible recovering a candle stick.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote

Cool image .
What is it? I can't figure it out.
Chuuurles' job is operating remote subs on offshore vessels. Beyond that, I have no idea. Maybe they are picking up candlesticks from the Titanic?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
While we are waiting for snow and the subsequent shenanigans, here is some homework for the rest of you. How to speak Hinterlandian, there will be test later, eh:

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Chuuurles
Chuuurles wrote
Well SBR might have been "rather Lazy", but LeCheffie and I put a full day in at Obvi Bowl.   It's going to be better than ever..  Though Jeff and I disagree on the level of twiggy-ness that's appropriate.. I prefer skiing sous bois - under a mature canopy of hardwoods sans moose maple whips and bonsai balsams..  He likes self flagellation..  
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
So, you and LeChef were given'r in Obvi, eh? Right on.
1234 ... 7