Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

85 messages Options
1 ... 6789
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Tales from the Hinterland: 2017/2018 edition

My apologies, I am still under the weather and have been negligent in snow chair reporting. Today:

Also today, before adding wind chill:

I stayed inside and cleaned out the woodstove.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |

Great big fun today, the whole gang of desperadoes assembled at one of our favorite hills in the North Hinterlands.  The temperature even warmed up to a balmy -15c.

Churrrles and Fat Dave showed up the night before to get a jump start on the rest of us, but we caught them napping ..

We tried to set a new skin track from our trad route.. But a few downed trees and it turned into a grumble-fuck.

Churrrles kindly set the skin track!

Me, the only time I was able to stay upright due to a nasty sinus bug that made my head spin....(more than usual!)

Churrrles, making everything easy

Fat Dave given'er
Alex, rejoicing in the abundance of snow (he lives in the city where snow is a rarity)
mangia!
Reply |

^^ Good that the crew got out before the short but lethal thaw.

What a difference 48 hours makes, the image below is from a few minutes ago. The temp was a few degrees above freezing when I got up, by noon the mercury had dropped about 12 degrees. We are currently under a "flash freeze warning," so at least the base will set up for Winter 2.0 and a return to the deep freeze.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

What's going on with the chair?
Reply |

tjf1967 wrote
What's going on with the chair?
Not much. An inch or two since the last photo. Both TD and I have the plague, so not skiing lately. It has been a slow winter in the Hinterlands.

We do appreciate your concern, however.

I did get the tractor stuck the other night, which was entertaining. Had to pull out the 1988 Kubota with the 2003 Tacoma. Blue Toes had all four wheels spinning on the truck, even in low range. Good times.

Other than that, my outdoor activity has been this:

1 ... 6789